Enrichment Programs for 3 January '06 Panama and Caribbean

travel-to-go

Thought some of you might be interested in what's in store for us with Cunard Connexions for this cruise:

In case anyone hasn't seen these.

Jeremy Bitz

Jeremy is the Senior Producer of Special Programming for New York 1 News, Time Warner’s 24 hour cable news channel in New York City. Jeremy was instrumental in the formation of the “New York 1 Original Programming and Specials Unit”, for which he is now the senior producer. He has received several prestigious honors for his work in the industry, including a national NABJ award and two NYABJ news awards in International Journalism for stories he produced in the Middle East during “Operation Iraqi Freedom”. Jeremy is also a CableACE Award winner and received an Emmy nomination for his producing of a half-hour news special entitled, “TWA Flight 800: One Year Later”. Last spring, Jeremy was the channel’s field producer in Kuwait and Iraq during “Operation Iraqi Freedom”. His crew was responsible for providing daily stories to the entire Time Warner Cable local news group. Jeremy also produced the documentary “9/11: A Day in Time”, a ninety minute program based on New York 1’s coverage throughout the year following the September 11th tragedy. This year, Jeremy was in charge of coordinating, planning and producing all coverage of the Presidential National Nominating Conventions for the 12 stations in the Time Warner news group. Jeremy also serves as an Adjunct Professor of Journalism at New York University, where he teaches undergraduate and continuing education journalism courses.

Peter Howard

Peter Howard is currently represented on Broadway with his dance music arrangements for CHICAGO. A graduate of Julliard, his career has ranged from concert pianist to conductor, composer, arranger and performer. He has served either as music director or dance music arranger for a number of Broadway shows including CARNIVAL, THE SOUND OF MUSIC, HELLO TAP DANCE KID, SWINGING ON A STAR AND CRAZY FOR YOU. He recently did the dance music for Liza Minelli’s show MINNELLI ON MINNELLI. His film work includes ANNIE, 1776, MAME, ZELIG, INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM and STEPPING OUT (starring LIZA MINNELLI). He was vocal coach to the magnificent bass-baritone BRYN TERFEL for his two CD’s…SOMETHING WONDERFUL (MUSIC OF RODGERS AND HAMMERSTEIN) AND IF EVER I WOULD LEAVE YOU (LYRICS OF ALAN J. LERNER). A number of Peter Howard’s songs have appeared on Sesame Street and his piano rags are published by Schirmer. His one man show PETER HOWARD.

John Maxtone-Graham

John Maxtone-Graham, author and maritime historian In l972, "The Only Way to Cross; was published and become an instant classic in the field of maritime history, the bible of ship buffs. Other books followed, including "Liners to the Sun," "Crossing and Cruising," both about passenger vessels old and new. Maxtone-Graham also wrote "The Building of Queen Mary 2", "Tribute to a Queen" for QE2, and "Cunard: 150 Glorious Years" for the company's 150th anniversary, "Safe Return Doubtful," and "Titanic Survivor." Maxtone-Graham has been expert consultant for a wide variety of television shows, and has appeared on Nova, The American Experience and Lost Liners for PBS, the Learning Channel, Australia's version of 60 Minutes, the Discovery Channel, Super Liners and Sea Power.

Diane Palley McDonald

In the 1990's Diane Palley McDonald became totally immersed in the processes and methods of watercolor painting. She took every opportunity to learn more about the science and logic of watercolor as well as how to benefit from "happy accidents!" In the past 10 years her work has become deeper and richer with the implementation of under-painting and multiple washes. Diane's work is held in the permanent collections of many private and corporate collectors nationwide. She has had private showings in galleries in Los Angeles, Corona del Mar and La Costa; her numerous awards include the city of Newport Beach Art Festival, Studio City Festival of Arts and most recently the Del Mar Fair, CA. Diane's paintings are a vehicle to convey the unique qualities of people, a wonderful location or a delightful moment she has experienced. She says, "When people see my work I hope they will enjoy the results of my passion and point of view. Hopefully they will feel a bit connected to the images and to me."

Hopefully John Maxton-Graham, who definitely is an excellent speaker, will really be with us.

Some people on the QE2 - January 3rd thread insist that the information provided by Cunard is wrong and that John Maxton-Graham will be on the QE2.

Are the other speakers known to the American audience? Any recommendations?

I also am really hoping that John Maxtone-Graham will be lecturing on our January 3, 2006 QM2 voyage. For what it's worth I spoke with a Cunard rep. yesterday who assured me that Mr. Maxtone Graham will indeed be lecturing on our trip. This information was confirmed via an in-house Cunard memo.

Guess we won't really know for sure until get the first copy of the QM2 daily programme in about 31 days or so.

Cruiserking

Hopefully John Maxton-Graham, who definitely is an excellent speaker, will really be with us.

Some people on the QE2 - January 3rd thread insist that the information provided by Cunard is wrong and that John Maxton-Graham will be on the QE2.

Are the other speakers known to the American audience? Any recommendations?

I'm afraid I really don't know the others.

Based on the posts on the QE2 3 Jan crossing, this gentleman sounds really interesting! I am looking forward to this one and hope you are right, (and Cunard's word is correct) Maybe there are two John Maxton-Grahams? <LOL>

Several friends of mine have been kind enough to send John Maxtone-Graham's e-mail address... I've sent him an e-mail asking which ship he'll be on.

I will let everyone know if and when I get a response. If he will be on QM2, then you are a lucky group. I've only met him briefly and never seen him lecture, but if his lectures are half as good as his writing then whichever ship's passengers get to sail with him will be in for a major treat!

I've just had an e-mail from John Maxtone-Graham. Unfortunately for those of you on this cruise, the Cunard web site is incorrect... He will be aboard the other QUEEN.

DAMN!

I just hope his replacement isn't something like Ronald McDonald!

Our loss.

Does he take bribes <G>

Archived