Recent Closing/Sailing Times on QM2 Eastbound TAs

cruiserdru

Whenever we're flying for a cruise, especially in the winter, I start watching weather and schedules early in the week. We always fly at least the day before. Many years ago we noticed that our flight from Newark to Florida had been cancelled 2 days in a row. I called the airline and they insisted it was weather. Well guess what, our flight was cancelled. They put us on flight to Orlando, with a flight to South Florida the next morning. We ordered a rental car and when we arrived in Orlando, around 11 pm, we asked that the airline agree to reimburse us for the cost (~$65) but they said no...insurance issues. I said I had a meeting the next day and a 2 pm arrival was not acceptable. They ended up providing us with a car and driver, arriving at my parents ~2:30 am! Dh was happy not to have to drive at that hour. Very frustrating evening.

There is a rule that every airline has that is buried in their tickets that says what they have to do to get you to your destination. I believe it is rule 240. We had a copy with us that day.

Phil,

Hopefully have removed the uncertainty from our travel North by changing our tickets to Thursday around noon and booking a hotel in Brooklyn for Thursday night.

And, if we are lucky, no trains will hit trucks causing delays, the work will all be finished and running like a top, adding back in the trains that were not running for the summer will not have a negative impact, and 'the creek don't rise' :D.

Of course, that's only if I didn't use up all my good luck yesterday when both my physical therapist and my knee surgeon finally released me.

Soooo ready for this trip.

Dru