Oh, no!! Survivor fan and I think I'm going to miss it!

SweetEmi

I booked the Pride of Aloha this coming weekend because I got such a good price then I realized that I think I'm going to miss the last Survivor episode!! We are in Kona that day (I live there) but we leave at 6 and Survivor starts at 7....:o

Anyway, my question is, does anyone remember if they show CBC on the ship and is it local programming?? Or maybe I can talk Sandi into taping it for me and giving me the tape on Friday when I see her?? ;) ;)

Emi

As you can see by my siggy line, I have only sailed Carnival and Royal Carib, both have network tv live........hard to believe NCL doesn't, but, oh well..........just record it I reckon. ((sheepish grin))
RCI has live network TV? I've been missing out! We're diamond members with RCI and I've never seen live TV on their ships. Then again, I don't usually spend a lot of time watching TV. I do, however, recall seeing their commercials played over and over and over again on every cruise. You'd think every ship would have satellite or something in order to get live TV. Many people would say that watching TV is no way to spend your cruise vacation but I say, "to each his own." Someone's idea of a good vacation may be uninterrupted time to catch up on favorite TV programs. :D

Cecilia: Hope I can hijack this thread for a second, especially since I started it..lol, but who is the darling baby in your picture?? I know I've been away for a while but has it been THAT long??

Emi

Emi...you've been gone a long time! That darling baby is my son. He was born on 10/18/05. ;)

You can presently purchase a TIVO for $49.00 with rebate. You can preset this to find any shows you want way in advance. It is easy to use and is the best thing since sliced bread IMO. I've had mine about 2 months and now TV programming does not rule my life. I can watch the shows at my leisure.

You can presently purchase a TIVO for $49.00 with rebate. You can preset this to find any shows you want way in advance. It is easy to use and is the best thing since sliced bread IMO. I've had mine about 2 months and now TV programming does not rule my life. I can watch the shows at my leisure.

hmmmm....not a bad idea but not sure I can accomplish this by Saturday - especially living here in the middle of the ocean, but I'll check it out. thanks!!

Emi

hmmmm....not a bad idea but not sure I can accomplish this by Saturday - especially living here in the middle of the ocean, but I'll check it out. thanks!!

Emi

I've had Tivo (actually a different brand but the same thing) for over three years. It's great. And set up is easy and fast! You can even get one through your cable company if it's offered. You could buy Tivo or any other brand (RePlay TV, etc.) and sign up for service all in one afternoon. I highly recommend having one. I love it!

Thanks SweetEmi and almitra...I agree, Nathan really is the absolute cutest baby ever. :D

Trust me...not all babies are cute. :eek:

remember the Seinfield episode about the ugly baby? It was breathtaking!

BTW-I want Judd gone!!!!!

Do you have digital cable where you live? Big Island right?

I lived there the 1st time I ever saw cable tv in 1976.

If your cable company offers digital cable, at least here in CT, you can get a DVR (digital video recorder) for an increased price.

It's basically the same as the TIVO-but it's a rental that you pay through your cable bill.

Denise

I guess it will actually be Sunday the 11th that I will miss the 3-hour show...but I think I have someone who will tape it. Problem is that yes, I'm on the Big Island but I live South quite a ways from Kona and work 14 to 16 hours a day and I just don't have the time before the end of the week to do the DVR thingy...but that's okay - I'll think about it for the future!

You're wish was heard - Judd is gone...*smile* Wonder if it will be Stephanie as the winner??? I hope it will be Rafe personally. :)

Emi

Emi...I was trying to think of ways to help you with your problem. We are HUGE Survivor fans....and have our little social group that gets together every Thursday for "Survivor and Dinner"....it is a ritual here. I was unaware that the finale would be on Sun. Dec. 11th. Ran into our Survivor viewing friends today at the market...and had to put together a FINALE party for next Sunday. Thanks for the heads up!!

We also keep Survivor score sheets....which we keep in a special wooden box. We each rank our choices...and then tally up the winner at the end of the season. This is fierce competition over on this side!! I loved Judd, but have put my bet on Rafe.

We will know in a week.....can't wait!!!

Kapoho: I'm terrible at picking winners!! It's pretty much whoever I like - they'll lose...hehehehehe

I used to have 'Net friends that I would watch Survivor with and then we'd IM on the commercials...What you do sounds like a blast! Wish I could do that but I'm generally working during the commercials. :(

Thanks for trying!

Emi

Archived