Opinion on the Marriott Stanton south beach hotel for pre cruise

appzoffear

Good location. Its "South of 5th" which is a little bit less hectic than the areas north of 5th street. Safe area. Miami Beach is pretty small as you can see on the map so plenty to do either a short Uber ride away or walking. Some very nice restaurants very close like Prime 112 and Prime Fish. Make sure to get reservations for most sit down places.

You could take a quick uber ride to Lincoln Road (highly recommend) or even walk there while walking down Ocean Drive. The one thing I don't recommend is eating on Ocean Drive, mostly cheap frozen touristy food. So many better options in Miami Beach. Just depends if you want something casual, what type of food and price range.

As for the port, an Uber will be around $12-$15.00 or so and 15-20mins.

The Marriott is a nice hotel in the SoFi neighborhood (South of Fifth). They have a nice pool and bar. I use to live 1/2 block away and loved the area.

Restaurants / Bars: Big Pink is 1/2 block away, Monty's and Texas de Brazil are a 10-minute walk to the marina, as well as Nikki Beach and Smith & Wollensky (South Pointe Park - great place to sit outside and watch the cruise ships leave), Joe's Stone Crab (open October - May), Fogo de Chao.

I agree with avoiding the restaurants on Ocean Drive, they are way overpriced. I do like The Front Porch restaurant at the Z Ocean hotel though.

Thanks for the feedback! Would you suggest any other Marriott hotel near the port over the Stanton? I have a ton of reward points to use, I'm not sure if another hotel would be optimal over the Stanton... keep in mind it must be under the Marriott umbrella of hotels,though..