Key West / Cozumel on Zenith 12/8

tootiesmom

Going on our 1st Celebrity cruise/Western Caribbean cruise next week. Would you suggest getting a taxi at the docks and ask the driver to take you on a tour instead of one of the ship's tours? If so, is there an approximation of the cost / tip of such a trip?

You folks have been so kind to answer many questions so far. I really appreciate the info. I have found that the more you prepare for some of these ports, the less time you waste wondering around and the more time you have to have fun and see / do more. :D

Thanks again,

tootiesmom

Hi Tootsiesmom,

There are 3 of us couples from Debary, Fl. going on the Zenith cruise Thursday. We've cruised several other lines, but this is our first one on Celebrity. We love the idea of these short, inexpensive cruises as a great getaway for neighbors to do together. We did the Carnival Fascination last year at this time and had a ball, and are looking forward to this one.

Sorry, having trouble with the site tonight! I was trying to add that the Conch tour is definitely something you can do on your own. Just look for the motorized "trains" in Mallory Square. Key West is a great walking town, and with Fantasy Fest going on while we're there, I'm sure there will be plenty to see. It's a shame we won't be in port longer!

Archived