Holiday Inn Expresss 17st or Amerisuites in Ft. Lauderdale

marion10

The cost depends on the date you're going... They're similarly priced some of the time, sometimes the Holiday Inn Express "Convention Center" on SE 17th Street is a bit more expensive, however it's well worth paying a bit more for it as it's a nicer hotel.

Thanks- I don't remember the amount (will have to look at the reservations again)- I think Holiday Inn was just a little more. Probably worth the difference.

I would probaly opt gor Amerisuties and spend the difference on dinner.

Marion10

We just returned from the 11/19 CB Thanksgiving cruise. I booked 2 rooms for the pre-cruise night stay. I booked through a discount broker for $75 per room. I called the hotel three times prior to leaving home (the third time was the night before leaving) to confirm our reservation. Was told each time they had our names and rooms available as requested. (I called because I was worried about hurricane damage, etc.)

I arrived at the hotel at noon and was told they had "overbooked." We were shuttled 30 minutes away to their hotel in Weston. While standing in the lobby I noted that a family that had booked something like 10 rooms (pre-cruise also) were moved as well. There were A LOT of angry people mulling around.

Staff was pleasant. I was pleasant. But I won't book with them again.

I should add that I had a reservation for the Holiday Inn that I cancelled the night before we flew out.

Unfortunately, in the rush I misfiled the confirmation for the cancellation.

I just received my charge card statement and was charged for both rooms at $120 each.

Lesson learned: never lose your cancellation confirmation number.

Archived