Booking last minute ... I mean REALLY LAST MIN!

NakedLidoGuy

Anyone have the good fortune of booking a week in advance before sailing??

I'm interested in the QE2 Jan crossing, but my work restrictions won't let me know until the week of the Christmas holiday.

(It's chaotic this time of year at my job ..)

I've noticed a few postings regarding how some agencies no longer have the free air included, but found one in particular that SEEMS to be offering a mess of available cabins, WITH AIR....

Should I hold my breath until Xmas week and pounce, or wait for January 2007???

Any honest advice will be highly appreciated (including Mr Ernie, who seems to be a super-duper broker! -- :D )

And Ernie, if I get on this crossing, you'll get a few rounds from me ... and maybe some more ... ;)

With post 9/11 security in place I believe that there is a ten day cut off to allow the cruise lines to submit passenger lists for security vetting. No longer can one simply show up with baggage at the ready and look for a cancellation on the pier..

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. I'd go for 2006, 'cause who knows what 2007 will bring. If you try to book Christmas week and you aren't allowed, well then do plan for 2007! If there is nothing ventured there's nothing gained. Wow, I'm just full of platitudes!

Never the less, I don't think that you'll be naked at the lido either trip, not in the Winter North Atlantic!;-)

NLG -- Yeah, I have gone on at the last minute.

If your work restrictions clear up, come on 03 January .... or try to get on; it should take under ten minutes. Two minutes to make a booking (only if space is available), another two minutes to pay via credit card, another two minutes to have them issue a pier pick-up and E-ticket. Under ten minutes! I've done it, walking into the Cunard offices when they were just off 5th Avenue, not far from Da Bronx! Book!

Your guys might not offer air, or they still will if you to book Christmas Week; I'd think you could do this, get on space available. I checked my guys and they said "sure" (I mean, if you were in London Tuesday and wanted to sail Wednesday they could get you on.....said anyone could.)

Give it a try. And when on board, book 02 January 07!

AO :)

Anyone have the good fortune of booking a week in advance before sailing??

I'm interested in the QE2 Jan crossing, but my work restrictions won't let me know until the week of the Christmas holiday.

(It's chaotic this time of year at my job ..)

I've noticed a few postings regarding how some agencies no longer have the free air included, but found one in particular that SEEMS to be offering a mess of available cabins, WITH AIR....

Should I hold my breath until Xmas week and pounce, or wait for January 2007???

Any honest advice will be highly appreciated (including Mr Ernie, who seems to be a super-duper broker! -- :D )

And Ernie, if I get on this crossing, you'll get a few rounds from me ... and maybe some more ... ;)

WOW - I'm intrigued! I hope you are able to go. ;)

FYI, Cunard is still offering the "Flash Promo" which has been extended several times. For now, it expires tomorrow but who knows? I called Cunard today about rates and they *are* offering air from some cities (JFK included). Not all air cities are available.

If you were able to book today, you could go in an M6 at a single rate of $1130 + $43.84 tax. That includes the one-way air to London and transfers. The double rate in the same category is $599 per person. All categories except Queen's Grill are still available. This sailing still has plenty of space, and I don't see that changing. The only thing is that air might not be available if you wait too long and the Flash Promo might expire. Either way, it doesn't hurt to try.

Shoot me an email at eroller at msn.com and I can tell you more if interested.

Good luck and I hope to see you onboard ... and rest assured, I will take you up on those free cocktails! ;)

Ernie

I'm still interested in finding a roommate for this crossing. Ernie, any idea if air from BWI or IAD is still available?

Hi Howard,

I just sent you a private email. I may have found a roommate for you. Yes, at this moment air is currently available from BWI and IAD. Remember, this is Cunard so that can change overnight.

Ernie

Archived