Merviglia reviews

Washcruise

Getting slightly worried now as all the reviews I've read that were posted in July have very poor feedback and the content states that staff are miserable and the food is poor, ship cannot cope with the crowds onboard etc etc

Anyone able to give me some reassurance that there's nothing to worry about as we set sail on 20th October.

We are just back home and had a fabulous cruise Meragavilia with absolute no cause for concern about anything.

The crew were excellent food very good as was the entertainment.

Have rebooked to sail on her again.

Same here. We sailed on Meravigilia the last week of June. Loved the ship. We had some issues, but no way that stopped us from enjoying our vacation. I would not hesitate to go again.

FYI - We were not in the YC; had balcony fantastica cabin.

My daughter and her new husband were on their honeymoon cruise. They embarked in Naples on August 7 and were in a Bella balcony cabin on deck 8.

They are both experienced travelers with many land and cruise vacations to their credit.

They loved the food, the entertainment, the staff; in short, the whole experience.

The reviews have made me glad to be in Yacht Club!

What reviews? We were in non-YC cabin and all was good.

We are seasoned cruiser (1st time with MSC though) - Diamond + with Royal, Ruby with Princess.

I am looking forward to actually be on a sailing where the YC is available!

I'm also booked on this ship and have been reading the reviews with interest. I'm now starting to think that a lot of these reviews are by inexperienced cruisers, which may be part of the reason for some of the poor reviews. For example, one recent reviewer complained about a daily service charges being added to the bill which is standard for the industry. Others complain about things not being included, perhaps because they booked the Bella rather than Fantastica experience. While I am still a little apprehensive, I am also looking forward to the new experience.

I would say nothing to worry about. We sailed beginning of August and I was a bit apprehensive given early comments but the reality was that virtually all the issues described ( particularly in the MDR) seemed to be sorted. We had a lovely time and are hunting for our next cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would say nothing to worry about. We sailed beginning of August and I was a bit apprehensive given early comments but the reality was that virtually all the issues described ( particularly in the MDR) seemed to be sorted. We had a lovely time and are hunting for our next cruise.

Thank you. You are the shining morning Venus amid the celestial seas of darkness and despair!

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Thank you. You are the shining morning Venus amid the celestial seas of darkness and despair!

Have a look on the Facebook Meraviglia Cruise group there are plenty of others with positive stories. I'm not suggesting there weren't little niggles but overall the holiday was superb.

There will always be some people who unfortunately do have a genuine problem whilst away that is inevitable given the large numbers of people BUT that is the same for any holiday with any company. It's interesting when looking at the forums on here for other cruise companies how the same type of things crop up again and again. I think occasionally it's just inevitable.

Oh, yes. I have. Further, I'm not in any way concerned about our 21 days on Meraviglia in the spring. It's just nice to see a recent report that things (MDR food) are improving. We sometimes return from a cruise, read a less than stellar review and wonder if we had, in fact, been on the same cruise. Expectations 😉