Port Cozumel - Playa Mia Beach day - Divina excursion

Reenie75

We are considering to book a beach day on the Divina for Cozumel port. Playa Mia Beach day. Sail date Sept 9th. How is this beach? Waterpark/slides included in price? Are there any extra costs we should be aware of?

Kids are 10,9,7 and 5 - all daring ones too lol ;p

We are considering to book a beach day on the Divina for Cozumel port. Playa Mia Beach day. Sail date Sept 9th. How is this beach? Waterpark/slides included in price? Are there any extra costs we should be aware of?

Kids are 10,9,7 and 5 - all daring ones too lol ;p

Are you doing the AI beach break? If so:

Do I get extra if I answer two questions for you today? We did this last week Thursday. I had looked at several options on our own and the MSC option actually was cheaper than I could find elsewhere. Everything is included except towels, lockers, the premium drinks and things like massages, etc.

Loungers are free, you have to check out umbrellas - not sure why and then the staff will put them where you want and be your guy or lady for the day to bring drinks. All of the aqua park stuff in the ocean is free. Everyone has to wear a life jacket out there. It was really fun.

Then there is a wading type pool, small kids splash area, and two o.k. slides. One was broken when we were there.

One type of free beer on tap and plenty of a/f drinks like pina coladas etc for the kids or you could have adult ones. Bus ride maybe 15 minutes. If you go, hang on to your tickets the whole way - they collected some at the ship but then they want them to get on the bus too and one family didn't have theirs so it was an issue.

ETA: If I have some pics I'll add them to my thread for Pebble's trip.

You are going to enjoy yourself at Playa Mia but I just wanted to share my experience with you.

We went to Playa Mia two years ago and found it very crowded and we had a hard time getting loungers.

We virtually had to walk all over the beach. Part of the problem may have been because we did not book this excursion in advance.

This year we went to Mr. Sancho's and we were blown away by the service and the accommodations. We booked in advance and paid $5.00 per per person to reserve. Then we each paid $50.00 when we got there except for the kids which was less.

The food and drinks at Mr. Sancho's was far superior to Playa Mia. Mr. Sancho's had both a buffet and a regular menu that you could order from. When we got there, our group of five got two cabana's, loungers for all and a table and chairs with an umbrella for our meals. Our server Jesus waited on us hand and foot all day long. The extra's were also very reasonable. My daughter and her husband went horse back riding and my grandson and son in law also went parasailing. It was a great day and we didn't want to leave.