Where to pick up guests at MIA ?

Roxxy

The airport is a horseshoe, 90% of the time people get picked up in the arrivals area where their airline baggage claim comes out of. Sometimes traffic can be bad down there, so its easier to pick them up in the departures level. But its a simple process and easy area to navigate.

You won't pick them up in the departure level. The arrivals is rarely so busy that you can't comfortably pick them up. It's usually fairly light traffic, especially compared to the mad house at FLL. There is a cell phone waiting area, you can wait there for your guests to call you. Have them call you once they step outside in the arrivals area, and have them walk to the center island/pickup area. When they walk out the door, there is door numbers and these are plastered on the pillars as well that you see while driving through the arrivals, can't miss it. You simply drive to that door number and pick them up in the center lane.

Simply, the best pickup is whatever door they walk out of. There is no tricks necessary, it's a simple airport.

You won't pick them up in the departure level. The arrivals is rarely so busy that you can't comfortably pick them up. It's usually fairly light traffic, especially compared to the mad house at FLL. There is a cell phone waiting area, you can wait there for your guests to call you. Have them call you once they step outside in the arrivals area, and have them walk to the center island/pickup area. When they walk out the door, there is door numbers and these are plastered on the pillars as well that you see while driving through the arrivals, can't miss it. You simply drive to that door number and pick them up in the center lane.

Simply, the best pickup is whatever door they walk out of. There is no tricks necessary, it's a simple airport.

Great advice, and agreed, MIA is nothing like FLL. Once in a while though it can get pretty bad, especially in the evening or early morning hours by the international arrival area for AA. But I've only had to use departures once or twice in all my years picking up at MIA.

Great advice, and agreed, MIA is nothing like FLL. Once in a while though it can get pretty bad, especially in the evening or early morning hours by the international arrival area for AA. But I've only had to use departures once or twice in all my years picking up at MIA.

FLL is truly a disaster zone most of the time for pickups. A couple of the Uber spots are also the bus pickups and nowhere for the Ubers to even stop. It's such a mess. I prefer FLL because it's closer but MIA is one of my favorite airports, actually. I fly international as well as AA out of MIA all the time and it's usually painless.