RCCL Navigator of the Seas

Bob, we are newbies on RC but Diamond through our Celebrity cruises, how strict are they on Navigator in the DL lounge as we are sailing with relatives who are not Diamond?

They will not be allowed in the diamond lounge. Numerous threads on this topic. The actual lounge door needs a Seapass card to open. You could try and sneak them in by holding the door open, however, the concierge has a list of passengers and normally greets individually. It can be very embarrassing if your friends are asked to leave, and this does happen. If during the nightly cocktail hours an overflow lounge is open then there is a staff member checking Seapass cards at the door.

RC diamond and above get three free drinks added to their Seapass card to be used during the cocktail hours at any bar. You can use those with your friends at other locations.

They will not be allowed in the diamond lounge. Numerous threads on this topic.

RC diamond and above get three free drinks added to their Seapass card to be used during the cocktail hours at any bar. You can use those with your friends at other locations.

That is interesting GD, are you saying that we could use our cocktail hour free drinks to supply our friends as well as us?

As far as Windjammer tables, noticing this was a Mediterranean cruise, have found frequently with a lot of British passengers they do not always share tables. Noticed this on a crowded TA.

I am not meaning to be critical. I am British by birth. I do find on cruises with mostly Americans, Caribbean for example, if two people are sitting at a table that seats four I see those seats go empty. American cruisers are more likely to say "may we join you." Same thing in the bars. I think that is just a social difference.

I travel solo and had three empty seats at my table. Several couples were walking around with trays of food. It wasn't until I suggested they join me that anyone tried to take the empty seats.

Just an observation.

I have also found this. We have sat at tables for 4/6/8 with just us sitting there and people with full trays just walk past. If people want a table just for themselves they will find it difficult on any cruise ship. We love chatting to different people from different countries. INCIDENTLY, we have just returnd from a weekend in Devon. One cafe where we had our scones and tea (as you do in Devon!) they had cards on all the tables which you stood up if you were happy to share your table - a wonderfull idea don't you all think?

That is interesting GD, are you saying that we could use our cocktail hour free drinks to supply our friends as well as us?

Yes. You might not be able to order three drinks at once (discretion of bar tender),but unlike drink packages no one stops you from sharing and there is no rule against sharing.

If you think Voyager-class is crowded - especially the WJ......you need to try Oasis-class - you will wish to be back!:D;p:eek:

I found Windjammer on Oasis Class ships a lot easier than on Navigator....Freedom Class the worse of the lot.

Best to date though was Jewel.