EWR to Cape Liberty with Toddler

chrishb

Hello,

I am looking for a good transfer option from Newark Airport to Cape Liberty Cruise Terminal for two adults and one toddler. What would you recommend in terms of price and availability?

What exact date are you doing this? Are you flying in the morning of the cruise? If so, what time does your flight arrive?

In NJ you need a car seat for a toddler, so a car service with a car seat or cruise transfer bus are probably better choices if you're not bringing a car seat with you.

Do I need a car seat for a taxi/Uber as well? We will fly in from Germany so bringing a car seat for two rides is not very efficient

As far as I'm aware, you do need a car seat for taxis and Uber in NJ. You also need a car seat from a car service, but you can order one when you make a reservation.

Please - more details. What is your exact date? Are you staying overnight at an EWR hotel? Is the hotel cancellable? The reason I'm asking is that there some hotel options with port transfers in vehicles that don't require car seats.

As far as I'm aware, you do need a car seat for taxis and Uber in NJ. You also need a car seat from a car service, but you can order one when you make a reservation.

Please - more details. What is your exact date? Are you staying overnight at an EWR hotel? Is the hotel cancellable? The reason I'm asking is that there some hotel options with port transfers in vehicles that don't require car seats.

We arrive Sept. 5th around noon from Europe and will directly head to Port Liberty.

It looks like you're on Mein Schiff 6, which arrives on September 5 at Cape Liberty, overnights, and sails on September 6 at 18:00. This is very interesting. I don't remember seeing TUI use Cape Liberty before.

Anyway I don't know exactly what advice to give to you. Perhaps others in New Jersey can comment on how taxis and Uber might accommodate the car seat issue.

Car services like Dial7 and Carmellimo do offer car seat options.

Have had very positive experiences with the cab line outside the terminals at EWR (avoid the guys that hang around the baggage doorways trying to steer you to the unlicensed cabs though). I would suggest asking the person who writes up the ticket (was $49 set rate EWR-Cape Liberty earlier this year) about the car seat issue.

Have had very positive experiences with the cab line outside the terminals at EWR (avoid the guys that hang around the baggage doorways trying to steer you to the unlicensed cabs though). I would suggest asking the person who writes up the ticket (was $49 set rate EWR-Cape Liberty earlier this year) about the car seat issue.

Do you have experience with a taxi having a car seat? Car seat laws in NJ are very strict, I doubt they will be able to get in a taxi without one, and I've never seen one in a taxi, or in the trunk. I hired a van to take us from our home to Newark airport, I had to bring 2 boosters for my 4 year old twins.