Hurricane Harvey

inkspotbob

None. The difference is storm surge destroyed the structures in NOLA and here we have rising water and flood damage. Water is gradually going down now. Second, the majority of homes flooded in the Houston area are inland. The Northwest corridor has been hit hard. Those areas are a 90 min travel to Galveston.

Also, no evacuees stepped aboard a cruise ship. Two Fantasy class ships were docked here in Galveston ready to go and one activist from within the Astrodome started a rumor of people being held against their will aboard the ships. None of them boarded a single bus for the ride to Galveston.

Carnival moved the ships to NOLA for housing for the relief workers, fire fighters and police and their families impacted by the storm.

Galveston will have normal cruise operations within a week once the channel is open. We were only down three sailings when Ike took a direct hit on us.

Wondering how many cruise ships that they will need to house the people in Texas, as they did that after hurricane katrina,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

Harvey situation is totally different than Katrina. Based on the particulars of Harvey, I wouldn't expect any ships to be placed to house Texans. I would think they will evacuate people to other places in Texas before anywhere else. The Dallas area remains in good shape.

Thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected in the Houston area.

So my PVP just called and Carnival has cancelled the Valor cruise leaving on the 31st of August - full refund and 25% off a future cruise if booked within 60 days. I am sad I will have to drink umbrella drinks on my hammock in my back yard.