I need something new in Roatan

mitsugirly

So...this Cal's, is this a beach? Or just a restaurant with a "good view"? Not interested in any restaurants or views unless it's while sitting on a beach or in the water. :D

I ALMOST FORGOT...I decided a long time ago that the next time we came to Roatan, we were going to go see the ssssslllloooootttthhhhhsssss (sloths said in my very slow voice). ;p

So, I will be contacting Daniel Johnson's for that. But, we still need to figure out something else to do that day. :confused:

Just FYI, Victor’s now has sloths.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Absolutely. We had 2 problems that day with zipling and the animals...all relating to safety.

You can read my review listed here ---> https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30662590&postcount=23

Wow! Yeah, I would be scared of monkeys too! I actually had a similar experience at Daniel Johnson's place with one of his larger monkeys that wrapped around my head and didn't want my husband, or Daniel, to come near us. Little scary knowing the damage they could inflict if they decided to.

The zip-line issue is serious also, and I am glad you were not seriously injured. I would hope that they have made safety improvements since your trip there. As always, I really appreciate your reviews, they are incredibly helpful.

Wow! Yeah, I would be scared of monkeys too! I actually had a similar experience at Daniel Johnson's place with one of his larger monkeys that wrapped around my head and didn't want my husband, or Daniel, to come near us. Little scary knowing the damage they could inflict if they decided to.

The zip-line issue is serious also, and I am glad you were not seriously injured. I would hope that they have made safety improvements since your trip there. As always, I really appreciate your reviews, they are incredibly helpful.

It was just a crazy experience all together from the zip lining to the monkeys. We are not scared of monkeys (my oldest daughter has one and she's the sweetest thing ever) but it did put a scare in my young daughter after being bitten (for many years). It's always a risk when handling animals that are basically "wild" and it's the chances we take. But the zip lining is an entirely different story and could have been prevented.

I will say that MANY and MOST people recommend Victor and have a great experience with him. I can say I'm the only one that has posted (that I have read) to have this issue. Maybe it was a freak accident. Either way, I don't particularly care for the way it happened, how they reacted, and just in general how the entire day went...and for that reason...I will never personally use him again.