Submarine excursion - St Thomas

TandK0826

Anyone know if they do submarine type excursions in St Thomas. The only one I found is the semi submarine at Coral World which includes the admission there. Has anyone tried that? How is it? Are there any others that I am just not seeing online?

Thanks in advance!

Anyone know if they do submarine type excursions in St Thomas. The only one I found is the semi submarine at Coral World which includes the admission there. Has anyone tried that? How is it? Are there any others that I am just not seeing online?

Thanks in advance!

Not a submarine but whilst I have been searching for a PADI 2 tank dive I came across an underwater scooter excursion - not for me but it is an NCL excursion in St Thomas - think its called BOSS underwater scooter adventures.

Sadly no PADI dives on my trip :(

Not a submarine but whilst I have been searching for a PADI 2 tank dive I came across an underwater scooter excursion - not for me but it is an NCL excursion in St Thomas - think its called BOSS underwater scooter adventures.

J Just head to Coki Beach, dive shop on the beach and you can enter the water right there without a boat trip.

J Just head to Coki Beach, dive shop on the beach and you can enter the water right there without a boat trip.

Yes - I think that's where I am heading :)

All going well with immigration that's my plan - I had hoped for a 2 tank boat dive - am newly certified so have never done a shore entry - I have a refresher locally soon in a PADI pool so going to ask them what they reckon on me doing the shore entry dive

(OP sorry for hijacking your thread!)

Is it easy enough entry? Good for a novice diver like me?

When I said no dives - meant there are no NCL bookable dives available on our cruise . :)

There is a PADI dive shop at Coki Beach - It is called Coki Dive Center (https://www.cokidive.com/) I have used them before for a beach dive. Entry is easy as can be, much easier than a boat. You just get wet and put your fins on when you are deep enough. Perfect place for the novice, just watch the current that depends on the tide.

There is a PADI dive shop at Coki Beach - It is called Coki Dive Center (https://www.cokidive.com/) I have used them before for a beach dive. Entry is easy as can be, much easier than a boat. You just get wet and put your fins on when you are deep enough. Perfect place for the novice, just watch the current that depends on the tide.

Thank you!!! :)

Yes, great place for a novice diver for sure. Sometimes the dive guide will go solo with you which is a treat!

Great stuff - I have emailed them but should be good to go.

Any idea how long it takes in a taxi to get there from the ship? I am thinking of booking the 11.30am slot?

Soooo, back to the original topic...lol. Anyone know of any submarine excursions or is that semi one the only one available??

I am so so sorry for hi jacking!!

So amidst my investigations into Coki Beach I came across Coral World and they have a semi submersible tour - I think that's the one you already found huh?

and thank you for bringing this up as I am now booked for my dive lol!

Hope you get sorted!! :hearteyes:

I am so so sorry for hi jacking!!

So amidst my investigations into Coki Beach I came across Coral World and they have a semi submersible tour - I think that's the one you already found huh?

and thank you for bringing this up as I am now booked for my dive lol!

Hope you get sorted!! :hearteyes:

Thank you! Yea I found that one already. I left them a message and email but no return call yet. See what happens. Appreciate It. Enjoy your dive!

I'm thinking about 20-30 min from port, tops.

Sorry TandK - interrupting again :o

Thanks Dayman - folks at Coki are so nice - I am booked in - but they have told me to call that morning if I am running late - SO helpful and obliging!

All booked up and looking forward to it :D

Great stuff - I have emailed them but should be good to go.

Any idea how long it takes in a taxi to get there from the ship? I am thinking of booking the 11.30am slot?

it is about 25 minutes. An 11:30 slot is fine, you can get there within an hour of docking.

it is about 25 minutes. An 11:30 slot is fine, you can get there within an hour of docking.

Yeah problem is I am from the UK and doing immigration at St Thomas as it is the first port of call.

Fingers crossed should get through fairly early - but TA cruise immigration is always a pain.

And more so for non US residents.

Its not a "regular" St.Thomas stop. Normally NCL offer 2 tank dives as a shorex - but as its unlikely anyone would make the morning dive boat - its not on the list for this cruise.

Hence my concern - but for sure worth a $60 risk and the folks were so helpful. Looking good ! :)