How to get on Royal's website

mt82

I had a fellow cruiser tell me how to get on their website after hours and days of me trying and even calling their IT department..(for them to tell me there was no problems on their side)

Go to the ... (3 dots) on the upper right hand side, or to the settings if using internet explorer.

Click on "private window" or "new in private window"

start your searching, WORKS perfect

I know absolutely very very little about computers.

So this is so helpful

Yes, I could go into the technical details, but that's really not relevant.

If you get an error (In Chrome it usually just says Bad Request, I've also gotten a few 500 errors from time to time) just open a private window (IE/FireFox/Safari), or an Incognito Window (Chrome) and it will work. I don't even bother trying in my main browser window anymore, even if it works it's just a matter of time before it craps out again. Easier to just do private/incognito anytime I need to work with RCCL site.

I will go into the technical details. The main problem with the RCCL web site is bad cookie data. The cookie information is sent to the web server from your browser. It contains data from your last visit. Unfortunately, some of the data in the cookie was specific to your prior session and is no longer understood by the current version of the web server software. In many cases, the software crashes thus causing the browser to display a blank page or an error.

Your solution, to use the "private window" or "new in private window" will cause the browser to receive a new cookie as the old cookie can not be accessed from the "private" session. As such, you successfully connect and browse the current version of the web site.

Another solution is to delete the RCCL cookie from your browser, or delete all cookies. But, I like your solution better.

A browser cookie differs from an oatmeal raisin cookie from the Windjammer!

Have a great day!

:D

Wow--that was simple! Tried the "InPrivate" and deleting cookies--both worked with no problems.

Thanks for the clarifications.

So how come none of Royal Caribbean's IT people have hit upon this as a solution?

Wow--that was simple! Tried the "InPrivate" and deleting cookies--both worked with no problems.

So how come none of Royal Caribbean's IT people have hit upon this as a solution?

They don't want you to delete the cookies. Impedes their ability to track you.

I will go into the technical details. The main problem with the RCCL web site is bad cookie data. The cookie information is sent to the web server from your browser. It contains data from your last visit. Unfortunately, some of the data in the cookie was specific to your prior session and is no longer understood by the current version of the web server software. In many cases, the software crashes thus causing the browser to display a blank page or an error.

Your solution, to use the "private window" or "new in private window" will cause the browser to receive a new cookie as the old cookie can not be accessed from the "private" session. As such, you successfully connect and browse the current version of the web site.

Another solution is to delete the RCCL cookie from your browser, or delete all cookies. But, I like your solution better.

A browser cookie differs from an oatmeal raisin cookie from the Windjammer!

Have a great day!

Thanks,

I know very little about computers...so if don't mind my asking a couple of questions

1. do I need to delete the cookie?

2. if so "how" do I do that?

I love your cookie and oatmeal quote!!!

thanks,

Tresa

Well, IMO, when I called them and they said it was not a problem on their end... and transferred me to their

"sales" department, I guess to keep me from "shopping" all the cruises and different sites?

Thanks,

I know very little about computers...so if don't mind my asking a couple of questions

1. do I need to delete the cookie?

2. if so "how" do I do that?

I love your cookie and oatmeal quote!!!

thanks,

Tresa

It's a different process with each browser. Just do an internet query on deleting cookies with your browser.