Would you be upset??

Grandmimie

I'm very excited about our 1st cruise with MSC.

But am a little upset with the booking process so far. We paid for our cruise including insurance in full! I went to purchase an add on through the website and was unable to get it to process so I called to purchase through the call center.

Upon calling I'm told we still owe on our cruise. I explained I had a copy of our invoice paid in full. The CSR was very nice and did his best to help. He eventually discovered the insurance premiums had went up and that was the discrepancy. I did tell him I felt it was wrong ... paid in full should be paid in full! However feeling I had no choice I paid the additional charges. If that was it I would have probably been okay.

So we finally get to what I called in for originally, he explained they were having websites issues. I said that was fine I just needed to purchase the all inclusive photo package and a drink package. He quoted me $50 more for the photo package than online. And it had already increased online from $99 to $149. I ask could he honor the $149 online and he said no the price just increased. So, I paid the $199.

Afterwards I'm talking to people who are still paying $99! Different ships we are sailing the Divina they are sailing the Seaside([emoji51]Can't remember if that the correct name of the new ship).

I emailed customer service asking if they could explain to me the difference in pricing and why our insurance premiums would go up once paid. I never got an answer! This started July 1st it's been 60 days .... I've emailed through the website twice emailed a couple executives even emailed the voyagers club - which did respond [emoji1319][emoji1319]they couldn't help me but said they would pass it to a supervisor.

At this point I'm more upset with the customer service. Why am I or my questions not valuable enough to warrant an answer?

I cruise in a week and I'm determined I'm going to enjoy my cruise! But it would be nice to sail with this issue resolved.

If any of you know of someone who might could help I would appreciate it. I've tried not to bring this to social media because I don't want to tarnish anyone else's views but at this point I need help getting a response!

Thanks fellow cruisers! Have a great day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hell yes, I'd be upset. I'd call back and speak to a supervisor. If they couldn't give me an answer, then I'd go to their Facebook page, and put my complaint in Capital letters.I would also cancel the insurance, and let them credit my card, then look for 3rd party ins.

That is troubling...we booked the Seaside for February, but, the booking process left me very uneasy..lots of "i'm not sure, or that information is not available yet"

If they wan't to have a positive vibe in the USA..they need to step the experience for customers, they may be low priced at this point, but, it may be worthwhile to go with and established cruise line that has a handle on customer service

Yes indeed ... I'd be very upset.

It's incredibly upsetting for the CS people to throw a "I don't know" or "I don't have an update on this" at a passenger who is parting with their hard-earned $$$'s, and feeling that they may be getting taken advantage of!

I ditto the suggestion that you tell them to refund the insurance and then purchase your own independently. We never buy through the cruise lines and there are several very good and reasonable insurance companies you can easily deal with.

That said, MSC must get their act together in the CS side. It's so important that passengers are getting, and feel confident that they are getting, true and consistent information. No one likes getting off a frustrating phone call feeling like you're more confused or annoyed than you were in the first place!

Hell yes, I'd be upset. I'd call back and speak to a supervisor. If they couldn't give me an answer, then I'd go to their Facebook page, and put my complaint in Capital letters.I would also cancel the insurance, and let them credit my card, then look for 3rd party ins.

We sail in a week ... after reading the insurance information we are out of the timeline for getting a refund. There again I also saw no where in the insurance that talked about increased premiums after purchase.

This is typical MSC. You'll find out if you have issues on board that you'll get a similar runaround. Makes for a very frustrating "vacation". Although if you don't pre-order anything then perhaps you won't have any CS issues onboard, but god help you if you do.

I think we spent a total of about 4+ hours in CS lines with issues (repeat issues, etc.).

There are a lot of us with issues, we've been waiting for a call back since July, only one who answered us was from Africa, just a little out of the area, so they couldn't help. I've giving up. We cruise on the 9th.

There are a lot of us with issues, we've been waiting for a call back since July, only one who answered us was from Africa, just a little out of the area, so they couldn't help. I've giving up. We cruise on the 9th.

We cruise on the 9th also!