Upgrade or maybe not !

kir royale

Message from our travel agent yesterday, offer from PO to upgrade our 2 superior deluxe balcony cabins for 2 suites on Riviera deck at a cost of £200 pp, a total cost of £800 for the 4 of us for a weeks cruise. Happy with what we had so declined. All other grades of cabin sold out except for suites.

Message from our travel agent yesterday, offer from PO to upgrade our 2 superior deluxe balcony cabins for 2 suites on Riviera deck at a cost of £200 pp, a total cost of £800 for the 4 of us for a weeks cruise. Happy with what we had so declined. All other grades of cabin sold out except for suites.

Interesting. I've heard of people being offered an upgrade to a suite for £100, which I guess almost everyone accepts, so I wonder if they are experimenting with offering higher cost upgrades. I suppose it makes sense, but I suspect a good proportion will do as you have done and decline.

Interesting. I've heard of people being offered an upgrade to a suite for £100, which I guess almost everyone accepts, so I wonder if they are experimenting with offering higher cost upgrades. I suppose it makes sense, but I suspect a good proportion will do as you have done and decline.

I commented on another thread a while ago that our neighbors had been offered an upgrade to a suite twice and on both occasions they wanted 200 pp which they turned down. Maybe those that said 100 pp were being economical with the truth!

They certainly do seem to be doing that. I'm travelling solo in a balcony cabin on Arcadia on a cruise to the US and Canada sailing in just over a week's time. I had the following email from P&O today: "This is an email to make you aware I have a reduced fare upgrade available on your cruise. I want to make sure you get the opportunity to accept this exciting upgrade which is highly

reduced from our retailed fare. We can offer:

Suite for £2000 extra

Mini Suite for £1600 extra "

As you can imagine, I'm not going to take them up on it!

I commented on another thread a while ago that our neighbors had been offered an upgrade to a suite twice and on both occasions they wanted 200 pp which they turned down. Maybe those that said 100 pp were being economical with the truth!

I've had a suite upgrade for £100 on more than one occasion perhaps it has to do with length of cruise, how many have already refused at £200 , or a price rise rather people being "economical with the truth" [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, it was definitely £100. It was friends of ours. And it was total £100, not per person, but only a 4 day cruise. I have heard of others paying £100. No reason for them to lie!

They certainly do seem to be doing that. I'm travelling solo in a balcony cabin on Arcadia on a cruise to the US and Canada sailing in just over a week's time. I had the following email from P&O today: "This is an email to make you aware I have a reduced fare upgrade available on your cruise. I want to make sure you get the opportunity to accept this exciting upgrade which is highly

reduced from our retailed fare. We can offer:

Suite for £2000 extra

Mini Suite for £1600 extra "

As you can imagine, I'm not going to take them up on it!

Still a reasonable deal for a long cruise like that, as I suspect that is around one third of the price difference for a Suite on that specific cruise (they are usually around double the price of a balcony cabin). But a significant extra outlay, none the less.

We are beginning to move away from booking suites, primarily because we now really need an adapted cabin, but also because it grates when you pay full suite prices to find that others are given upgrades at a tiny proportion of the cost.