Celebrity pricing

spendless

Been on 5 Celebrity cruises and off again this Oct but looking at 2018 cruises the cost has gone up considerably. Appreciate the £/dollar rate is not good but think I now need to look at say P & O. Any other thoughts out there?

Agree way to much $$$$. Have you seen the Edge prices? Ridiculous.

It seems Celebrity's pricing is causing quite a few people to consider other lines. My next cruise is on Celebrity, but then it's Princess followed by Azamara. If they can keep the ships full at these higher prices I don't expect we'll see relief in the near future. If occupancy drops, I'm afraid they have made a very bad decision to raise prices as many loyal Celebrity cruisers have now started to shop other lines.

It seems Celebrity's pricing is causing quite a few people to consider other lines. My next cruise is on Celebrity, but then it's Princess followed by Azamara. If they can keep the ships full at these higher prices I don't expect we'll see relief in the near future. If occupancy drops, I'm afraid they have made a very bad decision to raise prices as many loyal Celebrity cruisers have now started to shop other lines.

as long as they can keep filling those ships, prices will still inc despite people leaving to other CL

:hearteyes: wow what great prices :hearteyes:

My 15 night transatlantic on Reflection for $449pp, and my 23 night transpacific on Century for $799pp were GREAT! :D :cool:

teach me master. how do u get these amazing prices?

In two words...

...flexibility... if you can go WHEN others can't, OR, if you will go WHERE others won't, you can get good deals. There is an incredible economic incentive and advantage to booking cruises that are less popular/in demand.

...discipline... Do NOT... EVER... buy into the inane marketing schlock/deals that everybody else drools over.

1...2...3...GO! ...or Go BIG... Go BETTER...Go BEST, quite often has you paying MORE than the perk is worth.

Waiting to book until after final payment MAY get you a higher price... but it MAY get you $30pp per night on X!

If you want a balcony, concierge or aqua class cabin, know that you're going to pay 3-5 times the cost of an inside...

If you want a suite you're going to pay 5-10 times the cost of an inside. Same ship, same shows, same ports...

I don't spend money on cruises to EVER be in my cabin for ANYTHING other than sleeping and showering.

Because I am already booked for this fall, I haven't really done much " cruise shopping," and I don't see ANY "outrageous deals" from Celebrity right now... but these aren't too shabby...

Celebrity Silhouette, 15 night transatlantic on 4 Nov for $924pp...B2B with the 7 night Caribbean in 19 Nov for $724pp. Choice Air flights to Rome are $400-$450 from most airports in the US. Not bad for 3 weeks on X.

Celebrity Reflection, 15 night transatlantic on 20 Oct for $1045pp...B2B with the 14 night Caribbean on 3 Nov for $1045pp. Choice Air flights to Rome are $350-$400 from most airports in the US. Not bad for 4 weeks on X.

NCL Epic, 13 night transatlantic on 5 Nov for $495pp...

NCL Getaway, 14 night transatlantic on 15 Oct for $533pp...

RCCL Rhapsody OTS, 14 transatlantic on 5 Nov for 685pp... Choice Air to Barcelona $450pp-$550pp

RCCL Freedom OTS, 14 night transatlantic on 22 Oct for $832...Choice Air to Barcelona $450pp-$550pp

(B2B with 7 night med cruise on 15 Oct for $694pp) total $200 OBC from agency, and possible $350 OBC from shareholder's

My 15 night transatlantic on Reflection for $449pp, and my 23 night transpacific on Century for $799pp were GREAT! :D :cool:

In two words...

...flexibility... if you can go WHEN others can't, OR, if you will go WHERE others won't, you can get good deals. There is an incredible economic incentive and advantage to booking cruises that are less popular/in demand.

...discipline... Do NOT... EVER... buy into the inane marketing schlock/deals that everybody else drools over.

1...2...3...GO! ...or Go BIG... Go BETTER...Go BEST, quite often has you paying MORE than the perk is worth.

Waiting to book until after final payment MAY get you a higher price... but it MAY get you $30pp per night on X!

If you want a balcony, concierge or aqua class cabin, know that you're going to pay 3-5 times the cost of an inside...

If you want a suite you're going to pay 5-10 times the cost of an inside. Same ship, same shows, same ports...

I don't spend money on cruises to EVER be in my cabin for ANYTHING other than sleeping and showering.

Because I am already booked for this fall, I haven't really done much " cruise shopping," and I don't see ANY "outrageous deals" from Celebrity right now... but these aren't too shabby...

Celebrity Silhouette, 15 night transatlantic on 4 Nov for $924pp...B2B with the 7 night Caribbean in 19 Nov for $724pp. Choice Air flights to Rome are $400-$450 from most airports in the US. Not bad for 3 weeks on X.

Celebrity Reflection, 15 night transatlantic on 20 Oct for $1045pp...B2B with the 14 night Caribbean on 3 Nov for $1045pp. Choice Air flights to Rome are $350-$400 from most airports in the US. Not bad for 4 weeks on X.

NCL Epic, 13 night transatlantic on 5 Nov for $495pp...

NCL Getaway, 14 night transatlantic on 15 Oct for $533pp...

RCCL Rhapsody OTS, 14 transatlantic on 5 Nov for 685pp... Choice Air to Barcelona $450pp-$550pp

RCCL Freedom OTS, 14 night transatlantic on 22 Oct for $832...Choice Air to Barcelona $450pp-$550pp

(B2B with 7 night med cruise on 15 Oct for $694pp) total $200 OBC from agency, and possible $350 OBC from shareholder's

i've NEVER seen such amazing prices....ever...i am copying your words of wisdom onto a word document to immortalize it forever.

And by "inane marketing schlock/deals that everybody else drools over." you mean those free deals right? Where you pay a little and get some perk?

this is cheaper than my rent. I am not worthy. I am not worthy.