? about disembarking and customs in Boston

betmust

I did a search and posted on other boards on here and cannot seem to get an answer.

We - 8 of us - will be doing a Canada/New England cruise in Oct. I am trying to plan for pick up transportation in Boston to bring us home - we live pretty local. Our itinerary is bar Harbor, St John NB, and Halifax, NS then a return to Boston.

I have read that we only have to fill out customs form and get cleared from the ship if we are coming from Canada and not go thru customs in the terminal.

We arrive in Boston on the Serenade at 7am and I am thinking of a 9 - 9:15 pick up. I think this should allow time for breakfast and then get off without too much rushing.

I really do not know anything about the Boston cruise port as we have never used it. Does anyone know if this is true? It may cut down on our time as far as waiting.

Thanks for any info.

On our two Canada/NE cruises, we just handed our customs form to someone as we walked off, but I haven't done that route for a few years. I did just do Norwegian Dawn to Bermuda, out of Boston, and we just handed off our form as we left the ship.

Your pick up time is reasonable.

Have done Boston/Canada Royal 5 times....We have NEVER waited more than one minute at customs...We have always gone to breakfast and then disembarked at our leisure...We live local and have parked the car there many times.. Used to park in covered garage about $130.00 a week) but we did do NCL/Bermuda in July and parked in new (to us) parking lot right at bow of ship for 135 a week and as we were leaving ship....just handed customs form to officer who was on ship.