Best Vista Suite on Island Princess

jdvmd

Looking at doing the Island Princess for a Pacific Coastal cruise next month.

Would like to hear opinions on which Vista Suite to pick. Several on Dolphin deck and Caribe but also found a couple on Lido and Aloha, which I believe were added during dry dock.

Will the perks be the same for a three-night voyage in the suite as well as for being Elite?

The Vista suites on Lido and Aloha decks have wake views so to my thinking are much preferable to the side-facing ones on Dolphin and Caribe decks. Note that A726 and A727 are side facing but their balconies hook around the corner so you have both a side and an aft view from the balcony. The deckplans do not show this.

We had A728 on a recent Panama Canal cruise and we were traveling with friends who had A727 and A729. They are wonderful suites and still quite new. If I was going on Island Princess again I would book A726 or A727 because of the wrap-around feature of the balconies.

The perks for a 3 day cruise would be the same as for a longer one.

Looks like none of the above are available.

Any thoughts on those that remain?

Caribe: 628, 643 701, 702

Dolphin: 630, 631, 701, 702, 703, 704

Aloha: 728, 729

Lido: 724, 726

Any of these would be great! I prefer the aft-facing suites so either Aloha or Lido would be my first choice. The balconies on Aloha deck are much bigger but there is no overhang from above and consequently very little shade. But this is fine if you like lots of sun. The Lido deck suites have smaller balconies but they have more overhang above and are recessed more into the ship. I like shade so I would book L724 or L726.

We were in A726 in April and it's a great suite. It is one of the new added on suites and it is of the new configuration and it does wrap around so you have wake views as well as side views.

Would like to hear opinions on which Vista Suite to pick. Several on Dolphin deck and Caribe but also found a couple on Lido and Aloha, which I believe were added during dry dock.

Will the perks be the same for a three-night voyage in the suite as well as for being Elite?

Perks for a suite are always the same regardless of cruise length.

We stayed in L-726.

Below the Sanctuary.

Dead center high up aft facing with a 20 plus ft wide balcony.

Best suite on the ship IMO.

No cover over balcony but it was not an issue for us.

• 8 months later...
We were in A726 in April and it's a great suite. It is one of the new added on suites and it is of the new configuration and it does wrap around so you have wake views as well as side views.

Possibly looking at this suite to book. Others have mentioned vibration issues with aft suites. I understand some vibration is to be expected, but was it bad enough to want to change cabins? Thanks.

On a three night voyage in a suite, you won't get the first nights specialty dining, as that is only for voyages of 6+ nights. We did, although, get it on a 5-night when were were on the Emerald a few years ago. The rest of the perks would be included with the suite.

We have not sailed on the Island, but have done two trips on the Coral in suite D631 and we liked that location as steps/elevators were right out the door for easy access.

• 1 month later...

Thinking of going on the Island Princess from SF to Ft. Lauderdale and looking at Vista Suite D630. For some reason I can't find any info on that particular stateroom. Would love to see pictures of the Vista Suites on this ship. Anyone have some? You don't get a good idea from the website for some reason. Thanks in advance.

Possibly looking at this suite to book. Others have mentioned vibration issues with aft suites. I understand some vibration is to be expected, but was it bad enough to want to change cabins? Thanks.

Hi there: we were recently on the Crown in C752, a great corner aft balcony. There was only minimal vibration, barely noticeable. Loved that cabin and would book again in a second.