Allure of the Seas Propulsion issues?

dogsambam

I am scheduled to travel on the December 24, 2017 sailing of the Allure. I am an agent and have 7 other cabins sailing with us. I know this issue of the itinerary changes, and actually I am fine with that. My biggest issue is the propulsion issue and the fact they are repairing it 2 weeks after or sailing. Royal has been extremely uninformative of the issue and extremely un accomatating to switch sailings. I have now received 3 calls from three different parties who either want to cancel or switch cruises. They have the non refundable deposits, also. I have been on a cruise before with engine issues, and it turned out to be a disaster. What has been others experience with this change. Has royal helped anyone out in changing their sailing?

Edited by dogsambam
Wanted to add automatic alerts

I have just returned from a cruise on Allure (Eastern Itinerary). Stops at Nassau and St Thomas were a little shorter but in other respects, the reported problems didn't cause any difficulties.

I enjoyed my cruise and had I not read about the propulsion problem, I would have been unaware during the cruise.

We are on the Oct 1st sailing. While disappointed in the itinerary change, it will still be a great cruise. The ship is limited on its speed so it had to make some itinerary changes. Besides that you should not see any difference in your cruise experience.

We were on the Allure a couple of weeks ago. The Captain was asked about the propulsion problems. He mentioned that yes, they have a bearing problem in one of the azipods, but the ship can and does run on two. My DH noted we still ran in the neighborhood of 18 knots and sometimes faster. It in no way effected our cruise and as a passenger, you should not notice anything.

The timing has knocked 3.5 hours off my port time - it may be small to some but thats 3.5 hours less enjoyment in port, thats alot - i'm travelling from the UK, its costs an arm and a leg when you add up all the international flight prices and pre hotel stays (which they insist on), they said it so casually. Its a very low port stop cruise as it is. But nothing one can do, it is what it is so just have to make teh most of the time in port.