Dawn Princess/FOOD

cruiseman111111

I was just on the Dawn and can tell you that most of the food was very good. Be aware that any time you cook for 1,900 people, there are going to be varying degrees of warmth and success, plus everyone's tastes are different.

On any night, you can find something you will like. If you order something that is not what you thought, just ask your waiter to bring you something else. Additionally, the waiters are an excellent reference point as they will know what their other guests have said about a particular dish.

The pizzeria was excellent. Burgers and dogs by the pool are just burgers and dogs. The buffet is always a decent option. The only thing I found consistently lacking were the salad dressings. I thought they were all very bland.

Have a great time!

My wife and I just got off the Dawn this morning. We were first time cruisers and thought the food was quite good. We ate mostly in the Florentine dining room. The lobster was excellent, as was the pasta with rabbit. The escargots were great. The salads are not so good and the dressings can be a bit strange. The buffet was consistently good. Breakfasts were great, and dinner could be very, very good. The pizza is also a good alternative. The Sterling Steakhouse was good as well. Better if you eat beef. My wife does, but I don't so I only had one fish and one chicken dish to choose from. If anything, the food could be a bit bland, but that's probably tailored to their primary customer base. Just bring a bottle of Tabasco and you'll be fine.

Granted I'm not a gourmet...but I thought the food was pretty good. The pizza and a few of the entree's in the dining room stood out. It wasn't the Ritz, probably, but it wasn't McDonald's either, we could always find something we wanted to eat.

I'm not a big desert person, so I don't know much about that.

Jim and Mary Ellen, i think we are going on the same Mexican Cruise as you are... Jan 19th, 2006. We have been on the Dawn before and really like the ship. I know this will be a good cruise.:)

Hello Jim and Mary Ellen

We are on the same cruise. Looking forward TO IT. We are from Walnut Creek.

Just tried to send a message to Princess to get egg crate mattresses. Hope it wasn't too late. Also going with Mazatlan Frank on a tour. Havn't made any other tour reservations. Hope we can work something else out. Our second trip to Mexican cruise. First was some time ago. Warm weather here we come.

Thanks for the reply, see you on board.

Jim

Hello Jim and Mary Ellen

We are on the same cruise. Looking forward TO IT. We are from Walnut Creek.

Just tried to send a message to Princess to get egg crate mattresses. Hope it wasn't too late. Also going with Mazatlan Frank on a tour. Havn't made any other tour reservations. Hope we can work something else out. Our second trip to Mexican cruise. First was some time ago. Warm weather here we come.

Archived