Charges for room service

ICEMAN1941

It depends on the ship. We recently returned from the Regal and Room Service was done from your room steward (I like this way best). Did not have to bother tipping each morning.....we tipped him at the end. I really don't like having a "stranger" each morning delivering our coffee....I just like the "old-fashioned" way best.

Just returned from the Sea Princess and when room service is delivered you were required to sign for it. There is also a place to add a tip if you would like. But since we always tip IN CASH we just put an O in that space. As long as it is regular room service and you don't order things like alcoholic drinks or soda, there is no charge for room service.

On the CB, I usually ordered breakfast each morning from room service, leaving the order on the door at night. What I liked was that there was a 30-minute delivery period, so I knew when to expect it. Also, had to sign for the delivery and put the time on the receipt. I also tipped in cash onstead of writing in a tip amount. I must say that all orders were delivered on time, courteous staff, and fresh food....great fruits! My only complaint was that a full breakfast was not on the menu.

I have read that Princess is now charging for room service is this correct or a bunch of balony?

Would it be possible to say where you read that Princess is now charging for room service? I have been on 6 cruises with Princess and have never paid for room service.

Just off the Sapphire and no charge for room service. Did have to sign for order and there was a place to write in a tip. I put a line through that and paid in cash. Also, I was able to write in whatever I wanted on the back of the continental breakfast card. Everything I ordered was honored with no questions.

I have never been charged for room service.

What often happens is that if you drink the bottled water in the room - there is a "room service charge" on your bill. Many misinterpret this as a room service charge.

We always use room service ( the door tag type) every morning as our wake up call.....nothing could be better or easier then having a danish and coffe each morning to start the day off great! We always change the time to correspond with the previous night's bedtime. We also give the room service person $2.00 each morning.. Just clear off a space for them to put it and set the $2.00 down in the same spot.....you will also sleep better:cool:

Just off the Sapphire and no charge for room service. Did have to sign for order and there was a place to write in a tip. I put a line through that and paid in cash. Also, I was able to write in whatever I wanted on the back of the continental breakfast card. Everything I ordered was honored with no questions.

Welcome back. Hope you had a wonderful cruise. We sailed the Sapphire to Alaska this past May and really enjoyed her; hope you did also.

Welcome back. Hope you had a wonderful cruise. We sailed the Sapphire to Alaska this past May and really enjoyed her; hope you did also.

Thanks, Italy for the welcome back. I had one of the best times ever. Met some wonderful people and can't say enough good things about this cruise. It was truly a wonderful vacation and one I really needed.:o :D :)

Archived