Is there enough time....re: excursion gc refund

bartzcrew

So we leave Oct 6, and it states 7-10 business days for a refund to process. I purchased the excursion with a gift card (those darn fuel points). I have 20 business days between now and when we leave. Anyone think this is enough time to get that $400+ gift card back in time to take on the cruise?

We are opposed to actually doing the excursion, just thinking of passing if we can.

Thanks all

That might be a problem then, since if they're coming from Carnival, based in Miami, Fed Ex package in and out of that area may be delayed this weekend.

http://www.fedex.com/us/servicealerts/

OP has twenty business days, I hope that will be more than enough time for recovery from Irma and back to business as usual. Mine were for small amounts ($50 and $150), I was very surprised at the Fed Ex shipment. Hope his/her $400 refund will handled at least that well.

I cancelled an excursion on the 21st of August, and received the email confirmation on the 22nd.

No GC refund yet. I am not sure if this is normal, or there are delays due to Harvey (and now Irma).

The email is not particularly clear on timing w.r.t. GCs:

As per your request throughCarnival.com, your pre-sales order, ******** , has been cancelled. A refund has been processed for the credit card(s) and/orCarnivalgift card(s) used to make your purchase.

For credit cards, please allow 5-7 business days for the refund to post to your account. For Carnival gift cards, you will be receiving a newly issued Carnival gift card as a replacement.

I am also wondering if the recent issues with fraudulent GCs could be causing them to institute a holding period. I had booked the excursion on July 30th, so that would seem plenty of time to be certain that my GC wasn't bad, but who knows? (For the record, these were GCs purchased through Allstate just prior to use, so they should not be problematic for Carnival to verify.)

I have some time, so I'm waiting for Irma to move along before I call. I did try today, but the message is asking customers to call back after the 12th for non-urgent issues so pax impacted by Irma can be taken care of.