Logistics of embarking in Vancouver

angelbearmom

that's a big difference between Canada and the USA.

USA is the only place in the world where I have encountered the "I must tip" practice.

(and let's not start yet another tipping debate, there are heaps of threads on this already. Just accept that tipping is not mandatory in Canada, Australia or NZ).

USA is the only place in the world where I have encountered the "I must tip" practice.

(and let's not start yet another tipping debate, there are heaps of threads on this already. Just accept that tipping is not mandatory in Canada, Australia or NZ).

While we don't tip everything that moves in Canada like they do in the US, tipping is expected in restaurants, hotels, hairdressers, nail salons and perhaps a few other places.

one thing I will point out is that there are (or were) signs specifically saying NOT to tip the porters who take your luggage. They are extremely well paid longshoremen who should not be tipped!!!

You're right, there used to be, but I haven't seen those signs in a long time.

As this poster says there most certainly are expectations of tipping in Canada in restaurants and other places

While we don't tip everything that moves in Canada like they do in the US, tipping is expected in restaurants, hotels, hairdressers, nail salons and perhaps a few other places.

Add cab and shuttle drivers, and dog groomers to the list :)