Future Cruise Credit/Prepaid Gratuities

Tootie512

My group and I were supposed to be on the September 9th Vista sailing but due to Irma, that sailing has been pushed to September 12th and gone from 8 day to 5. We opted to take the credit for amount paid. After coordinating our schedules we found the a Carnival Dream sailing in November that works out for everyone. The cost of that 7 day sailing is significantly less than what we paid for Vista. Our travel agent is working hard to get us straight answers but she even seems to be getting frustrated with Carnival. First she was told that any overage we had could only be used for additional cruises. Then she was told that we had to use it all in one sailing. So my question, is this a "use it or loose it" situation? We also prepaid gratuities for the Vista sailing. Are we going to be expected to prepay again?

My group and I were supposed to be on the September 9th Vista sailing but due to Irma, that sailing has been pushed to September 12th and gone from 8 day to 5. We opted to take the credit for amount paid. After coordinating our schedules we found the a Carnival Dream sailing in November that works out for everyone. The cost of that 7 day sailing is significantly less than what we paid for Vista. Our travel agent is working hard to get us straight answers but she even seems to be getting frustrated with Carnival. First she was told that any overage we had could only be used for additional cruises. Then she was told that we had to use it all in one sailing. So my question, is this a "use it or loose it" situation? We also prepaid gratuities for the Vista sailing. Are we going to be expected to prepay again?

Carnival previously stated that prepaid grants would be refunded to the original form of payment.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was also supposed to cruise the Vista today (Sep 09) and from my understanding, if you choose not to take the shortened 5 day cruise on Tuesday the 12th, you will get a refund of the port fees / taxes plus pre paid gratuities (if you paid them up front. Also a refund for any beverage plans or excursions. The base fare will end up being a "future cruise credit" and can only be used on a future Carnival cruise within a certain time frame. I have no intention on trying to get into Miami under who knows what kind of conditions to take the shortened 5 day cruise. I too will get a future cruise credit for my base fare, the only problem is that all of the Vista sailings for the near future, and even a year from now are significantly more expensive than I paid for the missed sailing. That means I would have to give Carnival even more of my hard earned vacation dollars. I am just going to cut my losses at the cruise fare and move on. The bean counters at Carnival can stuff that future cruise credit where the sun shines least...

I was also supposed to cruise the Vista today (Sep 09) and from my understanding, if you choose not to take the shortened 5 day cruise on Tuesday the 12th, you will get a refund of the port fees / taxes plus pre paid gratuities (if you paid them up front. Also a refund for any beverage plans or excursions. The base fare will end up being a "future cruise credit" and can only be used on a future Carnival cruise within a certain time frame. I have no intention on trying to get into Miami under who knows what kind of conditions to take the shortened 5 day cruise. I too will get a future cruise credit for my base fare, the only problem is that all of the Vista sailings for the near future, and even a year from now are significantly more expensive than I paid for the missed sailing. That means I would have to give Carnival even more of my hard earned vacation dollars. I am just going to cut my losses at the cruise fare and move on. The bean counters at Carnival can stuff that future cruise credit where the sun shines least...

[emoji24][emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just encase you didn't know, it can be used on any carnival ship, not just the Vista :)

We ended up booking the Carnival Dream in November but we have a loss of about $400 each from what we paid on Vista to this new booking. Our travel agent was told we had to use it on one booking so we're stuck. She booked us in the highest state room she could to use as much of the credit as possible.

I opted for the future cruise credit also and was told that if I had booked a cheaper cruise I would just lose any credit, I even asked if it could be put towards onboard credit but was told no. I ended up booking a room on the Dream in December and will now owe about $30 more pp but that's better than losing any money I suppose. My booking is showing that I have a balance due as my credit has not showed up yet. Does anyone know how long this typically takes? It says full balance due by 9/19/17.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums