Carnival Legend Alaska Glacier Bay, Aug 15-22, '17 A Trip To Be or Not To Be Eclipsed

BeachClubDee

Thanks for finishing this up! FYI, the drinking age in most of Canada is 19. In Alberta, Manitoba and Québec it's 18. Hope your son enjoyed his first legal drink. :D

Heather

You are welcome! Sorry it took awhile- life!

Thanks for the drinking age info. I had a sip of Nate's drink- it was good. And he downed it like a pro. ;)

Thanks for your review ~ my son is a Wildlife Biologist too ! We are taking this cruise in August but he won't be going with us .

Wishing you a great trip!

That is cool about your son. Where is he studying and/or working?

My son is interviewing for an internship at Yellowstone this summer.

My son graduated from Mizzou in 2015 and works for the Conservation Department. He worked a few years as a temp/seasonal worker for a couple of years for them then started full time. Yellowstone is a great opportunity ! I remember reading about Alaska & Montana jobs.....one of the job requirements was "Be able to run from predators." Definitely different than a desk job !

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you very much for your review, we are booked on the same cruise in August the last one of the season! were so excited having only done the Carribean and Mexico before. We are due to get to Seattle on Saturday from Texas is that too long in Seatlle? we are flying directly back after the cruise?

• 1 month later...

I never should have doubted Pete!

We loved this tour! I was worried that the boys would be bored, but there was enough outdoor nature time for Nate and history and delicious food for Ben, beautiful scenery and interesting stories for Mark and photo-ops for me. The duration was perfect. We were ready to do some exploring on our own when we were dropped off.

We arrived back in town with plenty of time to look around and even to sample some iconic Alaskan seafood. I’ll share those pictures in the next update.

Next Up: Town of Skagway

Thanks for such a thoughtful review of this tour. We’ve booked it for our May Alaskan Cruise! Makes me even more excited to go. I liked the idea we could stop at scenic points for pictures and not just drive by. Plus still have time for the town.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Just stumbled across this review searching for Alaska Legend reviews since we just booked fir April/May.  Then I got to looking at your pictures and I thought “hey, I know them!”.  Love your reports over on the Disboards.  I mostly lurk these days due to the chaos of a full time job and 2 small kids, but I have been following your reports for years! ❤️  (I am Disneyparklover over there.)

Oh my gosh!  I can't believe I haven't visited this thread for almost a year and I have failed to reply to several of your comments.  I am so sorry!   I wish I could say it was because I spent the year travelling the world, but that was not the case.  I didn't see any notifications until I got one this morning. 

Replies coming! 

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 2:11 PM, CheckersMidwest said:

My son graduated from Mizzou in 2015 and works for the Conservation Department. He worked a few years as a temp/seasonal worker for a couple of years for them then started full time. Yellowstone is a great opportunity ! I remember reading about Alaska & Montana jobs.....one of the job requirements was "Be able to run from predators." Definitely different than a desk job !

I hope your cruise in August was fantastic!  What did you do in the ports?

That is great to hear about your son's job with the Conservation Dept.  My son Nate spent the summer between his sophomore and junior year at UNH working for the Wyoming Conservation Corps.  He loved it.  He was on a team that had 6 10 day hitches.  He spent time building fences, making trails, breaking trails, felling trees, uprooting invasive plants, painting.  He didn't have to run from predators, but the highlight for him was seeing moose.  He is studying abroad in New Zealand for the Spring 2019 semester. 

Not a bad gig! 

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 5:14 PM, Marie83 said:

Wonderful review of your Alaska cruise and the photos were beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you so much for your kind words!  Thanks for reading. 

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:50 PM, riclop said:

Thanks for the review.

My pleasure! It is fun to re-live a trip by writing about it.  

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 3:46 PM, Matlily said:

Thank you very much for your review, we are booked on the same cruise in August the last one of the season! were so excited having only done the Carribean and Mexico before. We are due to get to Seattle on Saturday from Texas is that too long in Seatlle? we are flying directly back after the cruise?

How was your cruise?  What did you do for excursions?

I didn't get to answer your question about Seattle.  My husband has been a few times for work, but it was the first time for the rest of us.  I really loved the city and I thought there was a lot to do.  The Space Needle, Pop Culture Museum, Aquarium and Waterfront, Zoo, Harbor cruise, the ferris wheel and EATING! 

What did you think of the city?

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:11 PM, krc99080 said:

Thanks for such a thoughtful review of this tour. We’ve booked it for our May Alaskan Cruise! Makes me even more excited to go. I liked the idea we could stop at scenic points for pictures and not just drive by. Plus still have time for the town.

Skagway was incredible!  So many interesting, scenic and different things to see.  We all enjoyed learning the history of the area.  I would say it was the highlight of our tour, and it would have been if not for the bears.  

How was your tour of Skagway?

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:27 PM, shebring02lx said:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this pictorial review up. I absolutely love finding these things while researching destinations.

Thanks for your kind comments!  I hope there is some Alaska in your future after your research. 

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 1:59 PM, Bajan Keith said:

Great Review and Fantastic Photos. (y)

My wife and I are doing a bucket list Alaska cruise for our 10th anniversary and this has made us want to move it up!!

Great job!!

Thank you! 

When is your 10th anniversary?  An Alaska cruise would be a great way to celebrate. 

20 hours ago, Mediterranean_Honeymooner said:

Just stumbled across this review searching for Alaska Legend reviews since we just booked fir April/May.  Then I got to looking at your pictures and I thought “hey, I know them!”.  Love your reports over on the Disboards.  I mostly lurk these days due to the chaos of a full time job and 2 small kids, but I have been following your reports for years! ❤️  (I am Disneyparklover over there.)

Hi!!!

Good to see you over here.  

I appreciate your comments about my reports.  Glad you have enjoyed them. 

I had a busy 2017 of travel-  this cruise, my first Disney cruise with my pal Teena in early October and a trip to WDW with a few of my buddies at the end of October.  No Disney trips in 2018 though.  First time in 10 years I haven't been to the world. 

Thanks again for your post, especially since it got me back to replying to this report. 

On 12/31/2018 at 1:30 PM, Bajan Keith said:

Its next April so the cruise will actually be a belated anniversary gift to ourselves. We were thinkingthe same thing 😄

We booked for our 10th anniversary! Ours will be early instead of belated, though (going in May, were married in October).