Question about upgrade bids & check-in

andrewlove

I have some upgrade bids pending on an upcoming cruise. I was wondering how check-in affects those bids. Should I check-in as soon as possible? Should I wait as long as possible to check-in? Does checking in have any positive or negative affect on getting the upgrade?

I searched the forum and couldn't find anything addressing this explicitly.

Checking in links your reservation number (not cabin number) to the information provided during check in.

I usually complete the check-in process right after booking and have changed cabins many times after having done so. It makes no difference then, and probably makes no difference to the upgrade process either.

I have some upgrade bids pending on an upcoming cruise. I was wondering how check-in affects those bids. Should I check-in as soon as possible? Should I wait as long as possible to check-in? Does checking in have any positive or negative affect on getting the upgrade?

I searched the forum and couldn't find anything addressing this explicitly.

If you are sailing next week, you should have completed checkin by now. And completed all of your show and dinner reservations. Don't wait for upgrades. Very few people get them.

I think you will find most folks believe you should do your checkin months in advance, not the last few days.

You might discover some problem with your paperwork, etc.

There is no valid reason I can think of that you should delay your checkin.

The only POSSIBLE reason to check in early is to increase your chances of a positive bid. After all, if somebody has not completed their paperwork, maybe they will not be sailing. (just my guess and two cents worth)