CC AFT on Summit

AFT_LOVER

Did you use your black light? :rolleyes:

blue is the new black

Question is "When will the compensation letter be written?"

or do we not belive in fairies (upgrade or otherwise):D

All of the problems that the OP had on this cruise, combined with all of her previous nefarious plots for ripping off cruise lines for upgrades and compensation, makes me believe that perhaps Celebrity does a better job of tracking its past customers than I had suspected.

Susan

I've never been on Summit but I seem to read these boards as much as the OP does (or at least, I see them around frequently enough to recognize the posting name) and even I knew that if you booked an aft CC on deck 9 there was a danger of hearing chair scraping or music.

(So I got one on deck 8 for the Panamal Canal trip Mom & I are taking in April of 2007. I'm so excited!!! And I won't be bringing a black light -- I need the space in my suitcase for shoes.)

I'm so sorry to hear of your dissapointing cruise. And so sorry to see that you're not getting the kind of support here for your experiences. While it's true you've complained in the past, this really does sound unpleasant, as related by you.:(

Might I offer this helpful hint. You keep sailing on Celebrity and having problems. You keep posting here and getting a less-than-warm reception.

A wise man once said that the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results each time. Perhaps that's the problem here. :(

Might you find the service you desire, and the support you seek on another cruise line, and on another cruise forum?:) I truly hope so, as there isn't a person on this earth that I wish to be continually unhappy.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck in that endeavor. :)

Andrew

I must have missed something during my cruises on Celebrity. Even if all of the other complaints are accurate (I wasn't there) I don't remember much puking going on.

And on top of the overflow from washing the deck above if it rains the furniture gets even wetter, what was Celebrity thinking.

My take on your experience from all your posts on the subject:

1. Celebrity knew you were coming with your black light ready to catch them out for an upgrade
  2. They decided to keep you waiting for your bus, filled it up and then laughed when you tried to get on with no seats left
  3. They had a special MACOP Captains Club/Concierge Aft Cabin 200 sq ft balcony check in line ready for you to wait longer than everyone else
  4. The photography staff weren't yelling at you "PHOTO", but "GO HOME"
  5. The staff in the buffet were ordered not to carry your tray under any circumstances and to trip you up if they got a chance. I am glad it didn't go that far
  6. The staff in the cafe above your cabin 9201 were ordered by the Captain to stamp their feet and puke over your balcony at every opportunity. They had read about you carrying lots of soft drinks on trays to your cabin and decided that some extra beer (without glass) was in order too
  7. As long as you could hear him on your 200 sq ft balcony, the guitarist was asked by the Cruise Director to play all the right notes on his guitar, but not necessarily in the right order (thank you Eric Morecambe for this line)
  8. Guest Relations decided to have a bit of fun with you. They got so confused with all the onboard credits you were claiming that they thought they would save one up for your Alaska cruise, just to see if the thought of a $100 would tempt you back
  9. All of the staff and lecturers were instructed to be boring and unfriendly if they saw you
  10. Oh, back to number 1. They knew you were coming;)

Look on the bright side. At least that awful tropical storm didn't mess up your plans:)

Phil

LMBO!! They probably did force them to take pictures so they could warn the entire staff (with visuals) :eek: ;)

###

I was on the same cruise as MACOP (the Thanksgiving Panama Canal cruise on the Summit). I am beginning to think I must have imagined the whole experience since my trip was totally different from MACOP's (and she is, of course, the ultimate Celebrity cruiser....)! We had the wonderful Sky Suite 6145 stateroom - from our perspective, this is the ultimate stateroom (if you aren't rich enough to afford the Penthouse). It was beautiful, spacious and quiet (no bothersome piano music from next door). We were treated like royalty wherever we went. The staff was accommodating to any request we had, was friendly and helpful, and never let us down. Our butler, Peter, went out of his way to meet any request with a smile.

I had an immediate concern upon boarding (where, by the way, there was PLENTY of champagne to be had) at 11:30am - the room reeked of stale cigarettes and I am allergic. Our attendant (the lovely Lorna) came by immediately to introduce herself and noticed right away my distress. She said "Do not worry about the smell; I will take care of it right away". Within 2 hours she had the crew completely cleaning the room, including shampooing the carpet and furniture, changing the drapes and bedspread etc. It was an amazing transformation; by the time the muster was over, the room was as good as new.

I found the CD to be both pleasant and helpful, although I didn't really have a great deal of personal contact with him.

My only complaint (and it certainly wasn't Celebrity's fault) was the high number of cruisers who smoked everywhere in the public areas. Many of them were European and it has been my experience that more Europeans smoke these days than do Americans. When I would get negatively affected, I would retire to the Persian Gardens and/or the Thalassotherapy pool for some quiet time. Ah bliss....

All in all, we had a great cruise. Summit is beautiful and very well maintained. Food great, entertainment was outstanding (especially the new Broadway review and Cirque programs), staff friendly and efficient. I also recommend the acupuncture - a nice addition to the spa experience.

Oh and did I tell you about our wonderful stateroom? :-)

abby

I have been fortunate enough to have taken 2 cruises on the Summit.

Both cruises were wonderful, even if I didn't care for the Cruise Director, which at one time was Don Fluke and the second time is was Simon Weir I think. But then I don't take cruises for cruise directors. Lets be fair though people. When you really are ticked off at something that happens at the beginning at the cruise, then you automically start picking at every little thing. So it makes perfect sense to me that he had a long list of grievances. We all do the same thing and he is just using this forum to vent the frustration he felt from the cruise.

:D Oh Phil, when I saw your picture I knew I was in for a good one and you didn't let me down!!!!LOL:D

My take on your experience from all your posts on the subject:

1. Celebrity knew you were coming with your black light ready to catch them out for an upgrade
  2. They decided to keep you waiting for your bus, filled it up and then laughed when you tried to get on with no seats left
  3. They had a special MACOP Captains Club/Concierge Aft Cabin 200 sq ft balcony check in line ready for you to wait longer than everyone else
  4. The photography staff weren't yelling at you "PHOTO", but "GO HOME"
  5. The staff in the buffet were ordered not to carry your tray under any circumstances and to trip you up if they got a chance. I am glad it didn't go that far
  6. The staff in the cafe above your cabin 9201 were ordered by the Captain to stamp their feet and puke over your balcony at every opportunity. They had read about you carrying lots of soft drinks on trays to your cabin and decided that some extra beer (without glass) was in order too
  7. As long as you could hear him on your 200 sq ft balcony, the guitarist was asked by the Cruise Director to play all the right notes on his guitar, but not necessarily in the right order (thank you Eric Morecambe for this line)
  8. Guest Relations decided to have a bit of fun with you. They got so confused with all the onboard credits you were claiming that they thought they would save one up for your Alaska cruise, just to see if the thought of a $100 would tempt you back
  9. All of the staff and lecturers were instructed to be boring and unfriendly if they saw you
  10. Oh, back to number 1. They knew you were coming;)

Look on the bright side. At least that awful tropical storm didn't mess up your plans:)

Phil

Both cruises were wonderful, even if I didn't care for the Cruise Director, which at one time was Don Fluke and the second time is was Simon Weir I think. But then I don't take cruises for cruise directors. Lets be fair though people. When you really are ticked off at something that happens at the beginning at the cruise, then you automically start picking at every little thing. So it makes perfect sense to me that he had a long list of grievances. We all do the same thing and he is just using this forum to vent the frustration he felt from the cruise.

you sure don't know our beloved Macop as well as the rest of us.:D

Phil

Don't worry, she will be back.

I think that she started her new job today. I heard that the 911 commission was unhappy with National Security. I bet she is going through the airport check in making sure that TSA is doing it's job and not frisking the well endowed female passengers excessively. Either that or she is working undercover at a hotel and is using the bodily fluid light to detect filth. You just never know.

(The really good news is that Hurricane season is over.)

Archived