PRIDE Sailing THIS Sunday (to Bermuda) 9/17 ... worried about Hurricane JOSE?

RecoveryDude

I'm (Hopefully) on the Pride leaving Baltimore this Sunday. A little concerned about Hurricane Jose. The 9/10 Pride cruise was diverted to New England/Canada.

This Hurricane has a tricky path to predict.

I just don't want my cruise CANCELLED ... I don't care WHERE we go - Obviously I prefer Bermuda ... but I will also be happy going to Canada ... originally I just figured going to Canada was "worst case" ... however, NOW, they are saying that Hurricane Jose might go North up that way?

Should I be worried that the cruise will get completely cancelled? I know they cancelled some last week cause of Irma, but this is not as big or as strong a storm.

It's stressful enough worrying about packing when I don't yet know if I should pack jeans and hoodies vs baithing suits, lol ... but again, I just dont want the whole cruise CANCELLED. If anyone can ease my mind I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

I'm (Hopefully) on the Pride leaving Baltimore this Sunday. A little concerned about Hurricane Jose. The 9/10 Pride cruise was diverted to New England/Canada.

I just don't want my cruise CANCELLED ... I don't care WHERE we go - Obviously I prefer Bermuda ... but I will also be happy going to Canada ... originally I just figured going to Canada was "worst case" ... however, NOW, they are saying that Hurricane Jose might go North up that way?

Should I be worried that the cruise will get completely cancelled? I know they cancelled some last week cause of Irma, but this is not as big or as strong a storm.

It's stressful enough worrying about packing when I don't yet know if I should pack jeans and hoodies vs baithing suits, lol ... but again, I just dont want the whole cruise CANCELLED. If anyone can ease my mind I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Don't be worried.

Wherever it takes you, enjoy your cruise!

Thanks!

I am on the same sailing......no use in worrying until Friday-ish (unless you have flights to worry about).

Wife and are leaving later than normal for the 8 hour drive to Baltimore Saturday if we havent gotten any news.

If they change the itinerary to something other than Baltimore and we're allowed to cancel, I'll book a different sailing and/or cruiseline in a couple of weeks before it gets too cold in Bermuda.

If the departure is delayed by a day (happened to us sailing from Baltimore before Hurricane Irene) I will grab some Ravens tickets, buy a purple t-shirt and drink many, many beers at the stadium and make a day of it.

Still a little concerned we might get delayed or change itinerary .... PLUS, now my friend I was going with cancelled as his GF went into labor 3 weeks early!:o ...so now, I might be sailing SOLO !!! However if they change itinerary and give me the option to cancel I might just do that.

What options will they give us if they DELAY the cruise 1 day But still go to Bermuda?

Someone on the cruise now said the captain might be concerned about getting BACK to Baltimore this Sunday....

Still a little concerned we might get delayed or change itinerary .... PLUS, now my friend I was going with cancelled as his GF went into labor 3 weeks early!:o ...so now, I might be sailing SOLO !!! However if they change itinerary and give me the option to cancel I might just do that.

What options will they give us if they DELAY the cruise 1 day But still go to Bermuda?

Someone on the cruise now said the captain might be concerned about getting BACK to Baltimore this Sunday....

Don't think they will have any issues getting back to Baltimore, it's not supposed to be up this way until Monday evening. But it is directly in our path as we exit the bay early Monday morning. I froze when I saw the Carnival message in my email but it was just the normal boarding information! If they delay leaving for just 8-12 hours, it looks like it will pass by leaving us a clear trip to Bermuda. Might be a rocky ride, though!

Count me in, too. A group of 32 family members on a cruise to celebrate my sister and BIL's 50th anniversary. It's been in the planning process for 2 years. BUT everyone I have talked with says the same thing: We don't care where we go, as long as we are together and safe. I'll pack an extra pack of cards and some warm and some cold weather clothes. Look for some happy people in the Alchemy Bar and at trivia! If Canada is a possibility, I hope Halifax is included. It's a wonderful city and there is lots to do, and seafood almost as good as Baltimore.

Count me in, too. A group of 32 family members on a cruise to celebrate my sister and BIL's 50th anniversary. It's been in the planning process for 2 years. BUT everyone I have talked with says the same thing: We don't care where we go, as long as we are together and safe. I'll pack an extra pack of cards and some warm and some cold weather clothes. Look for some happy people in the Alchemy Bar and at trivia! If Canada is a possibility, I hope Halifax is included. It's a wonderful city and there is lots to do, and seafood almost as good as Baltimore.

Hey CH

On Monday, Jose looks to be between east coast & Bermuda and strengthening. Don't see how we could sail anywhere. Maybe forecast will change! BTW, I'm your sister's golfing buddy! :D

I agree with all of your concerns, if timing of Jose holds true I cant see how we get to Bermuda without some very rough seas.

If they delay a day I am not certain that would help.

We were delayed 1 day by Hurricane Irene and spent a very spooky night/day in Baltimore....the city was a windy ghost town. I don't recall receiving anything other than perhaps 1/7th credit. We paid $200 for an extra night's hotel so lost anything we received.

If not heading to Bermuda (on time) and given the option we'll cancel. If we have to hit some rough water and get to Bermuda I am all in. I like a bit of a bumpy ride.....wavy seas keep the line ups at the bar short.

Happy Anniversary to your sister and BIL! What a great way to celebrate! I would love to be part of such a big celebration.

You have a great positive attitude about itinerary changes! Have a wonderful cruise, wherever you go, and celebrate!

I'm booked on this same cruise...I wish that Carnival would give us some indication of whether they will cancel or not BEFORE I spend the money to fly to Baltimore tomorrow. I've been on tons of cruises, and this is a no win any way you look at it. At the very least we will have a very bumpy ride anywhere we go (Assuming we will go south-North won't work because then we will have a hard time on the way back). If we by some miracle do get to go to Bermuda, the weather forecast is terrible for our entire stay and doesn't clear up until Friday the 29th. I believe that most people who book this cruise book because of the destination...I hope they give us the option to cancel if they re-route us :(

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Hey! Missy Bird! I know who you are, and can't wait to chat with you on the cruise to wherever. Do you like lemon drop martinis or are you a wine gal? ;)

dry white is my preference,but I've been known to down a Chivas or 2 ;p:tropical-drink::tropical-drink::evilsmile:

We'll be fine. A bit of rocking has never hurt anyone. But I will take my acupressure wrist bands with me.

I used to get seasick on the first day in any ocean, but after that I was fine. Now I cannot remember when I last had any discomfort.

I have a 600-page book to read, so a couple of rainy days might not be so bad . . .