info from my TA on itinerary changes....

My husband and I are sailing on Oct 14 out of San Juan on the Adventure of the Seas and I contacted my travel agent to see if she had any "inside" info since have heard nothing yet about itinerary changes that I expect will be coming. The latest update she got from RCCL "given the impact on St. Maarten, St Thomas and Key West we will be working on alternative ports for future sailings until these islands have fully recovered". Since those islands are still doing safety inspections she didn't anticipate knowing anything until late this week or early next at the soonest. Unfortunately I think anyone who has seen any pictures of the impact of Irma pretty much assumed that would be the case with those three listed :loudcry:.

My husband and I are sailing on Oct 14 out of San Juan on the Adventure of the Seas and I contacted my travel agent to see if she had any "inside" info since have heard nothing yet about itinerary changes that I expect will be coming. The latest update she got from RCCL "given the impact on St. Maarten, St Thomas and Key West we will be working on alternative ports for future sailings until these islands have fully recovered". Since those islands are still doing safety inspections she didn't anticipate knowing anything until late this week or early next at the soonest. Unfortunately I think anyone who has seen any pictures of the impact of Irma pretty much assumed that would be the case with those three listed :loudcry:.

You have a month, it is really tough to know at this point. I would be surprised if st maarten would happen by then, but st thomas could be ready. We just don't know at this point. The cruise lines will want to go as soon as it is safe and there is something ready to go, as it will really help the islands.