Insurance

K Kruisers

• 2 months later...
This. I have the Chase Sapphire Reserve and they have decent travel insurance benefits, which is why I opted not to purchase any extra insurance.

Make sure your health insurance covers you overseas. Most don’t and that’s the main reason why I get it. I’m not so much worried about the cost of the cruise as that’s small potatoes compared to the devastating costs of hospital bills and medevac if it’s needed. I am young, have no health problems, but accidents can and do happen. I’m not willing to put my financial well being at risk for the cost of insurance which through Nationwide Cruise Choice is less than $100.

So If I have cruise insurance and covered under trip cancellation because of a family member being very sick, I don't need to worry about carnival's cancellation penalty fees? Just file my claim with insurance co?
Most travel insurance out there is secondary insurance. You'll have to cancel, get back from the cruise line whatever they're willing to give back, and then document how much you paid and you attempts to get money back. Then insurance should pay the rest.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Make sure your health insurance covers you overseas. Most don’t and that’s the main reason why I get it. I’m not so much worried about the cost of the cruise as that’s small potatoes compared to the devastating costs of hospital bills and medevac if it’s needed. I am young, have no health problems, but accidents can and do happen. I’m not willing to put my financial well being at risk for the cost of insurance which through Nationwide Cruise Choice is less than $100.

One thing to add. We get annual travel insurance policies, much cheaper than individual trip ones