Credit for fare decrease question

desertskies

Normally you have to wait for your TA to do this. However what I would do is save a screen Shot showing the new lower fare, then contact Carnival and explain the reason why you cant contact your TA and they may give you the credit, if not you have proof that you can show your TA when they reopen

I do hope you get your credit! I looked at the same thing on my TA website. the fare is about $100 p/p less than what I paid in full just last week. I looked on the boards and some mentioned that if you book Early Saver for the fare, you get a refund or OBC. My question is.... is this a general rule : to give us a credit of some sort when their fares drop on their site? Or, are there stipulations? My luck, there are probably rules and I won't qualify. Good luck on getting yours!!

Happy Sailing!!

I do hope you get your credit! I looked at the same thing on my TA website. the fare is about $100 p/p less than what I paid in full just last week. I looked on the boards and some mentioned that if you book Early Saver for the fare, you get a refund or OBC. My question is.... is this a general rule : to give us a credit of some sort when their fares drop on their site? Or, are there stipulations? My luck, there are probably rules and I won't qualify. Good luck on getting yours!!

Happy Sailing!!

Are you comparing exact cabin categories?

If that category is sold out then no.

I booked with a TA, who is in the Orlando are and offices are still closed. I looked at the fare viewer and the price has dropped. Do I have to wait for her to get credit for the price decrease or can I go through carnival directly? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For the November sailing, it sounds like you'd be past final payment date. So if you booked an Early Saver fare, you can request the difference in onboard credit if you see a lower fare for the cabin category you booked, and this assumes the lower fare you're seeing isn't for a cabin guarantee fare where Carnival chooses the cabin. Normally Carnival will not work with you if you booked through a TA. You could try submitting your request here:

https://www.carnival.com/core/requestforms/priceprotection.aspx