Best Deals

rebeccajo68

How do you get your "best deals" for cruises?? Coupons in magazines, internet specials, waiting until the last minute, going through TA's...

I know that many of you cruise a lot and wondered how unless you are all very rich!!! <G>

Especially how do you get good enough rates to go on one alone?

The easiest way is to look and see what cruises are underbooked. I look at several websites to determine the week or weeks where the rates are lower. This only works if you are flexible as to when you can go. It also helps to travel mid-Oct to mid-March. After this time the rates go up.

Another way is to travel last minute. I will be taking advantage of this more once New Orleans and Mobile come back online. My TA gets a list on occasion with last minute offers. An example would be one I passed on, Nov 28th on the Elation out of Galveston for 5-days. I could have gotten an OV for two people for a final price of $452.

Dave

Rebecca,

I cruise a lot by myself, and have found Carnival and Holland America, among the mainstream lines, to be reasonable with their single supplements. Celebrity, RCL, and NCL won't budge and usually charge 200%. I do research on my own, using the internet, and then comparison shop among TAs.

Another I do is travel during off peak times. I'm leaving in a few days for a 10-day cruise on the Veendam. The weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas have some great deals, plus few children. BTW, I got an outside cabin by myself for 140% of the fare. I also book guarantees.

Also look at group cruises. I'm going on the 4/15/07 Cruise Critic cruise to Hawaii and got a good rate.

Roz

Archived