Radiance or Jewel and why?

Hi, everyone...shopping around for 2007 and I see that the Radiance and the Jewel both sail from FLL in April with the same 6-night Western Caribbean itinerary at the same price.

Are both ships doing the same thing because the itinerary is super popular?

Why would I choose one ship over the other? I would be leaning toward the Jewel because it's one year newer and the pics I've seen have been absolutely gorgeous.

Looking forward to hearing what everyone has to say. Thanks.;)

Hi, everyone...shopping around for 2007 and I see that the Radiance and the Jewel both sail from FLL in April with the same 6-night Western Caribbean itinerary at the same price.

Are both ships doing the same thing because the itinerary is super popular?

Why would I choose one ship over the other? I would be leaning toward the Jewel because it's one year newer and the pics I've seen have been absolutely gorgeous.

Looking forward to hearing what everyone has to say. Thanks.;)

I haven't been on the Jewel but just returned from the Radiance & I can't say enough about the ship, crew & staff. It is a beautiful ship & doesn't have much wear n tear that I could see. Our dining room staff were the best I've experienced & I've been on many cruises. My only concern was the size of the cabins. I was in a balcony cabin on deck 8 with three adults & it was really tight but would be perfect for 2.

But whatever ship you chose, I know you'll have a great time because IMO RCCL is the best. & the Western Caribbean is a fun itinerary.

Barbara from Philly

Thanks, PhoenixCruiser and Barbara. If I book, I'll most likely go with the Jewel in a D1. Would much rather have a JS, but it's $800 addl for the two of us.

Have read that 1604 is a great cabin and I've seen the pics of the balcony. I have it on hold, so I just may book it. ;)

We're going on the Jewel itinerary only because we haven't yet and we want to sail all 4 Radiance class ships. We loved everything about Radiance - everybody from the Captain on down was just wonderful and the ship is gorgeous. Brilliance is equally pretty, but the crew was less inspired. We've heard good things about the other two, so we're waiting for the "right" Serenade cruise to come along and we'll book it!

And I don't think you can go wrong with any aft cabin on Deck 10 - they all have wonderful deep balconies and lots of privacy, as long as you're not standing right at the rail. If you are, you're exposed from the waist up to the folks on Deck 11. I'm not sure about the other decks, but I've read here that they are equally fabulous.

Archived