A Few Thoughts From Post Irma Oasis Cruise (the 4 day cruise)

RomanceMama

My DH and I planned this cruise with a few days before at Disney for our 25th Anniversary. Our flights were not effected because we were due in 9/7. Left on red eye 9/6 from Portland, OR and arrived in Orlando 11:30 am 9/7. We knew before we left the cruise would already be shortened. But we were doing this anyway, we're originally fro LI, NY a bit of a storm wasn't stopping us as I posted on Facebook.

So here we are at PDX waiting for the red eye to the East Coast. Only couple I know who plan a 25th Anniversary Trip to Disney World and a Caribbean Cruise and a Category 5 Hurricane decides to make an appearance. Fasten your seatbelt baby this is gonna be one hell of a trip! We always like a bit of adventure. Watch for our posts. This is gonna be fun 1f609.png😉.

21433273_10210353743667667_5449191662452768384_n.jpg?oh=292cf64a7d083d747d862679c423581c&oe=5A42C266

We enjoyed 2 1/2 days in Disney before it was closed for the Hurricane after that we spent some fun time with a 6pm curfew at the Hilton in Disney Springs.

As you can imagine check in for the cruise itself was a breeze. We were at the terminal at about 10:15 am on Wednesday and were the third couple in the Diamond and above line. The crew and staff did a wonderful job for this cruise. We had extras from our Warehouse TA. DH contacted them on Tuesday to see what would happen with perks we were due to get at Labadee but were no longer stopping at. They gave us an onboard credit as well as a gift card once we returned home. We booked the couples thermal suite package with two extra rooms once on board. This was discounted from $249 to $149.

We had Late Traditional Seating in the MDR. I requested via email a table for two about a month or so prior to cruise. I received a confirmation email the following day with our table #. That was the table we had on the cruise. As you can see from the following pictures there were alot tables for two that sprung up this cruise.

Avery empty MDR.

21557962_10210441265815666_1520184264938308537_n.jpg?oh=bfe55104094e61b9cb827d30bc5eb2f6&oe=5A441A74

Following along. We were on board with you and had a great empty cruise. We enjoyed it very much and it is going to be hard to sail on her again with 6000 folks. We had early seating but only ate in the MDR on the last night. It was pretty empty

I know what you mean. The thing I found the most amusing was the empty elevators. I can count on one hand the times we had more than 5 people on an elevator. Most of the time it was just the two of us.