Will We Be Rocking?

GranysT

Since our Magic cruise, this Sunday, has now been diverted to Cozumel, Belize, and Costa Maya, wondering IF the hurricane will affect the water around us?

We were on the Magic 09/03 thru 09/13. We ported in New Orleans on the day we were originally supposed to debark in Port Canaveral. On Sunday when we back out to sea, the seas were extremely rocky! But that far south I do not think it will be. We had no bad seas down there, just in the gulf.

I also would like to know this as a friend just got back from the Freedom that left out of Galveston last week and she said that the first 2 days were horrible on the ship. She said that there were people getting sick everywhere and it was quite unpleasant. However she did say that once they got to the Caribbean the ship was fine. I am leaving on Sunday on the Breeze and going to the same ports my friend did so I am wondering as well. The ports are Cozumel, Belize, and Roatan.

Since our Magic cruise, this Sunday, has now been diverted to Cozumel, Belize, and Costa Maya, wondering IF the hurricane will affect the water around us?

no more than a BUS or a TRAIN if that at all. I'm sure we will be cruising a little faster to get further south sooner and have a pleasant smooth sailing to Mexico & Belize

I was on the Breeze out of Galveston on 9/10. Just at that time, Irma was rolling up the coast of Florida, and then on the 11th, in to Georgia.

The relative position of the Breeze (sister ship to the Magic) , i estimated, was about 400-500 miles from Galveston to Irma.

The night of the 10th, and most of the day the 11th, it was very windy, and the seas were NOT calm ... so we did get some rocking, but it was not as bad as i have felt on other cruises. It was not bad enough to make you walk side to side down the hallways.

I was on the Fantasy once about 5 years ago, and we sailed THROUGH a tropical storm out of Charleston. Now, there was some rocking and rolling ... we had to hang on to the walls walking down the corridors. I have some pretty good sea legs, so i had fun with it ... however others in my group ... not so much.