Revised Escape Itinerary January 6 / 13 / 20 / 27

Chrisfromco

We are on the Escape January 6 cruise. There has BEEN NO WORD from NCL about any itinerary change. The website still lists the original itinerary for that date but it seems obvious that it will change. There are people on this board who say they KNOW what the changes that far are but they seem to be the ONLY people who "know."

NCL's last email indicated a decision within "two weeks" but I have yet to hear of one.

Thanks for trying to help but that article doesn't have specifics about cruise lines adding the island back on itineraries.

It merely says that the port is to reopen to pleasure cruises on 11/11.

Oh, well, I do apologize for adding something constructive to the thread as opposed to just a demand. Not sure why a quote from the government of the island is not specific enough for you. :rolleyes:

Just the fact that they can even give a date (and so soon) for welcoming back ships surprised the hell out of me. I also received an email yesterday from one of our favorite jewelers on St Thomas stating that they will be open for business Oct 5th. Yes, I realize this is only one of hundreds of shops, however, it's progress people. The beginnings of a rebirth are clearly evident. From these bits of information, I personally think a return to the eastern itinerary is not outside the realm of possibility (notice I did not say 'a sure thing') for Jan. While it certainly won't be business as usual, it will be a heck of a lot sooner than most had foreseen. Maybe NCL is holding out on rerouting those cruises for this reason. Only time (as well as info directly from the islands :confused:) will tell.