Carnival gift cards

300dtc

Sorry if this is asked and answered, but I'm getting conflicting information. Can you use gift cards to pre pay for the cheers program? I called Carnival today and was told yes, you can use them to pay prior to the cruise. But, I'm seeing in some posts that people say, no, you can't use the cards to pay for cheers program. Before I'm stuck with $600 of gift cards I'd like to know the facts of this..can anyone comment who has done this. Thank you...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes you can use them to pay for cheers. You can use them for almost any Carnival expense. It's been less than a year since they started allowing you to use gift cards for cheers and other fun shops/bon voyage purchases, but now you can. Perhaps you were looking at old information. Once you add it to cart and go to check out, you will see the option to "use a carnival gift card." Click on that. You can use as many as you need to complete the purchase.

Is being able to use them online for Fun Shop purchases a fairly new enhancement? I recall a year or so ago that we couldn't use them to purchase water prior to our cruise. We could only use them once we were on board for onboard purchases.

Is being able to use them online for Fun Shop purchases a fairly new enhancement? I recall a year or so ago that we couldn't use them to purchase water prior to our cruise. We could only use them once we were on board for onboard purchases.
Yes. I said in my post, the first one in the thread, that this is less than a year old. And that the OP was probably reading old information.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I used Verizon purchased Carnival Gift Cards (10% off face value of gift cards) for the Cheers Beverage Package, Spa Services and $500 Cruise cash for my upcoming December 31st sailing from NOLA on the Dream. Taking advantage of the 10% off through Verizon was a nice little savings. One note to keep in mind . . . You are limited to a maximum of $500 in cruise cash purchase per cabin. However, you can also use gift cards for your sail and sign account (I confirmed this by calling Carnival). We like to plan for $1000 in onboard spending for a 7 day cruise so I like to purchase the gift cards in advance at a savings.