Ibiza - here's some helpful info for people not looking for the wild life lol....

tartana

We had a 2 day/1 night stay in Ibiza on our Celebrity cruise this month. I tried and tried to get info ahead of time of things to do besides water activities and parties and did not really succeed before we got there. However, I thought I would shed some light for people similar to me looking for something "calmer" to do while in Ibiza. Our first day was party sunny with some cloud but warm. We decided then we would try to find a quieter beach area. We tried to take the Ibiza Bus from the port to town but after waiting 45 minutes, we gave up and bought our ship's 2 day transfer tickets. We took the bus in to the center of town below D'alt Vila. All along the center waterfront, there are ferries and boats that go pretty steady taking people to the different areas including Fomentera. We decided to take the Santa Eulalia passenger ferry to Cala Llonga - a 45 minute ride or so. It was a calm day but the boat is still a bit rocky but we found it fun. Cala Llonga is a very quaint little cove town with a deep white sand beach. There are some nice restaurants and little shops right there. It was not too busy, and we enjoyed this very much. The same ferry also goes further to some of the other towns. It was 20 euro each. On our second day, it was very rainy in the morning, but started clearing a bit by noon. We took the shuttle back in to town and walked through and up to the top of D'alt Vila - Amazing views and lovely old buildings and shops nearer the bottom. We walked in the suggested direction, and there is a reason for this. To go the opposite direction is EXTREMELY steep and can be dangerous especially when the stones are wet when you come down. The handrails for coming down are only if you go the direction suggested which is going up to the left (on the cruise port side). We enjoyed it very much - and even with bad knees, I made it up and down without mishap. We shopped Ibiza town a bit and tried Bide Bide, a locals tapa spot for a light lunch before heading back to our ship. We enjoyed Ibiza very much - even in our calm way. Cheers!

Appreciate the tips, Tartana!

We will be there one day next month and we've booked a Dalt Villa walking tour with Walking Ibiza- I think that perhaps the Ibiza T.I. must offer this tour but have never found it online as this is the most expensive of all walking tours offered by Walking Ibiza because we are required to have a "city" guide in addition to their guide. I do recall we may get a beverage included in the cost which is running @22e pp for our group of 14.