Toilet seat riser

SeaSharp

Getting ready to cruise on HAL in a couple of months. We have booked 2 connecting Neptunes. We're taking my mom, who is 86 years old. She only needs a little bit higher toilet seat. Before I call guest services, does anyone know if the stewards can provide her with a riser for her toilet?? All she needs is for the seat to be a tad bit higher. We have a travel seat we can bring, bought at WalMart, but it would be difficult to remove it every time she needed to put the lid down in order to flush. But I can put it in its box, slap a luggage tag on it, and we can make do somehow with the miracle of a little duck tape.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our TA fills out the medical requesting the toilet seat riser.

It is the standard one that you see for sale in WalMart, Walgreens, Rite Aid, etc. I have the same one at home.

They don't come in different sizes.

Thanks Krazy Kruizer. You're from the same neck of the woods that I'm from, so know exactly what I'm talking about. Those risers are fairly common around here!! My PCC just emailed that she's noted it on our booking, so I think my worries are taken care of. Done a lot of cruising on HAL, but never had THAT issue to worry about.

I would double box it and put 3 luggage tags on it and bring tape to Re box it. You can flatten the boxes when you are on the ship.

Not a bad idea. My portable one has a box and is fairly light and small.