Access to ice on board

tweety27

Odd questions. I know the rooms have mini-fridge (new from my last cruse 16 years ago), which I plan to utilize so I have cold water and sodas however I still want my beverages over ice. Can I get ice brought to my room, or is there ice machines you can access? I have seen posts about bringing a cooler and assume ice is an option but wanted to check.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

was on the Legend. No mini fridge in my room. needed ice for my insulin. stewart brought me ice twice a day (would have done oftener if I asked). but if it was all melted when I got up in the morning I would grab a bag full of ice from the water and ice machine in the buffet. had a ziplock to carry stuff in my luggage . bring along a bag and you should be fine.

was on the Legend. No mini fridge in my room. needed ice for my insulin. stewart brought me ice twice a day (would have done oftener if I asked). but if it was all melted when I got up in the morning I would grab a bag full of ice from the water and ice machine in the buffet. had a ziplock to carry stuff in my luggage . bring along a bag and you should be fine.

Thank you! We have an ocean suite booked and from what I recall seeing it have a mini-fridge. Either way at least I can get my hands on ice. Don't need it for medicine like you just like me drinks very cold.

For future reference, guest services rents medical coolers to keep medicine cold. It plugs in and does an excellent job.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are 4 ways while on board to get a ice..

1) ask the cabin steward to fill your ice bucket 2-3 times daily.

2) take the ice bucket to the Lido deck self-service drink station, filling the ice bucket using clean cups provided.

3) ask any bartender for a bucket of ice, the buckets that are from the bars are meant for the buckets of beers but ae much larger than the ice bucket provided by the cabin steward.

4) request ice to be delivered by room service, but this can take 45-1 hour to get, useful when the steward work shift is over.

It was my understanding that they didn't advertise where the ice machines were because they wanted to prevent just that.

That is correct. Not only is this a crew area off limits to passengers, but I doubt that most passengers know or follow the USPH requirements for using an ice machine in a sanitary manner.

Still, this doesn't seem like an unfixable situation. Passengers have other self serve options aboard ship so those measures could be employed on each deck. The fact that Cruise Lines don't do that is a little puzzling. It seems like a deliberate attempt to do something that is contrary to customer preferences. (The fact that some want to and others don't care yields a bottom line of a customer preference.) I'm not sure I see where the money is being made here unless they really think that people will tip less if they can get their own ice. It's just simply not a same for same situation because The StateRoom attendant is not there all the time. It seems like something that is ripe for an intelligent aware Cruise Line to change soon.

2) take the ice bucket to the Lido deck self-service drink station, filling the ice bucket using clean cups provided.

3) ask any bartender for a bucket of ice, the buckets that are from the bars are meant for the buckets of beers but ae much larger than the ice bucket provided by the cabin steward.

4) request ice to be delivered by room service, but this can take 45-1 hour to get, useful when the steward work shift is over.

Thanks great!!!

That's because they are NOT refrigerators. They are considered "coolers" Crazy, I know.:eek:

But isn't a "cooler" supposed to keep things cool? We found that the fridge in our room on the Valor was more of a warmer than a cooler.

Odd questions. I know the rooms have mini-fridge (new from my last cruse 16 years ago), which I plan to utilize so I have cold water and sodas however I still want my beverages over ice. Can I get ice brought to my room, or is there ice machines you can access? I have seen posts about bringing a cooler and assume ice is an option but wanted to check.

My norm is just to go to lido and request a bucket of ice. Stewards seem to be more resentful to bring ice now that the ice buckets are no longer filled and left in your cabin. I even had one state that it would be an extra tip. Also one that commented, hope your enjoying that extra ice you requested. Tipping is not a problem with me , it's the constant request for more tips that disgust me.

I need cold milk at night for my medication. I ask the steward to bring me an ice bucket, and I get one of the milk cartons from the lido deck. If I bury it deep enough, it stays cold. If that doesn't work, I call room service and order cold milk, cookies, milk and a banana

I need cold milk at night for my medication. I ask the steward to bring me an ice bucket, and I get one of the milk cartons from the lido deck. If I bury it deep enough, it stays cold. If that doesn't work, I call room service and order cold milk, cookies, milk and a banana

A medical cooler would work well for you as another option.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No doubt you've already read about the hassles of getting ice. Unfortunately, Carnival doesn't have passenger-access ice machines.

In my experience, I bring a collapsible cooler and set it under the sink in the cabin bathroom. On embarkation day, I ask the cabin steward to keep ice in it. Some stewards are more accommodating than others. I purchase cabin beverages pre-cruise from Carnival's Fun Shop for every cruise, and only want enough ice to enjoy my in-cabin beverages and to keep my purchases cold. Some cabin stewards provide better ice service than others. On cruises where the cabin steward does not provide enough ice in my cooler, I go to Lido deck and get ice from the beverage ice machines and take that back to my cabin. Honestly though, if I'm paying $80+ for a non-premium bottle of liquor from Carnival, I'd like to expect reasonable ways to enjoy that very expensive liquor. If I'm going to pay $85 for a $20 bottle of liquor, I'd like to think I'd be provided a reasonable way to enjoy that purchase.

Just ask your room steward.

#4 is first item we discuss with steward on first day