Is Club Class now "mandatory" for Suite passengers?

peety3

I'd always been of the impression that suites could still select Traditional Dining, and anyone else could link their booking to the suite pax and be able to join them at that assigned table. Anyone have any more definitive insights on this?

Club Class Dining: Dine on your own schedule while enjoying the exclusive benefits of Club Class Dining, including expedited seating with minimal to no wait, expanded menu options, dedicated wait staff, unique styled décor and tableside preparations. Traditional Dining: Dine at the same time with the same people each night.

This is my option on a planned cruise on the Emerald in March.

The rest of my post was in response to the situation I imagine if many of those entitled to use the CC section of DR don't want CC dining and want to go to TD or even regular AT to join friends who don't have the CC option. If there are significant numbers doing this then it will leave the CC area less occupied when it could be shrunk and open more tables to the masses. So it would seem right for CC-eligible cruisers to advise DR mgmt if not going to use it. IDK if this is a flexible section that they might swap out some capacity for other diners if the demand is not there for CC.

If someone with CC doesn't plan to use it because they have TD then the Maitre D would know that this CC diner has TD. There is a point of view that since a CC paid for the seat that it be held in case they want it. If I buy tickets to season event I am entitled to use or not use the ticket. If I show up late and don't have the seat I paid for the management will have trouble. Same with CC, how do you determine if it's ok to give that table to someone else unless the passenger who paid for that table says it's ok to give it to someone else. It's a conundrum.

If someone with CC doesn't plan to use it because they have TD then the Maitre D would know that this CC diner has TD. There is a point of view that since a CC paid for the seat that it be held in case they want it. If I buy tickets to season event I am entitled to use or not use the ticket. If I show up late and don't have the seat I paid for the management will have trouble. Same with CC, how do you determine if it's ok to give that table to someone else unless the passenger who paid for that table says it's ok to give it to someone else. It's a conundrum.

At a sporting event you can't just show up and take any seat which happens to be empty at the time. And holding your season pass holds you that seat you bought - if you were to sit elsewhere you would have to pay for that seat as well. You are right, though, they would still be maintaining your seat in the CC area unless you told them you would not be using it.

To answer an earlier poster, everything I have read indicates the CC area can be enlarged or condensed.