Any advice for changing ships at Port Everglades?

londonben

Hi all,

we are on the Indy transatlantic to Port Everglades, then booked onto the Serenade for 4 nights.

Anyone else swapped ships at Port Everglades before?

Depending on how long we take to clear customs, we may be a little early for the Serenade.

Are there any transport options or is it a Taxi from one terminal to another?

Thanks,

Ben.

Hi all,

we are on the Indy transatlantic to Port Everglades, then booked onto the Serenade for 4 nights.

Anyone else swapped ships at Port Everglades before?

Depending on how long we take to clear customs, we may be a little early for the Serenade.

Are there any transport options or is it a Taxi from one terminal to another?

Thanks,

Ben.

Depending where the ships dock you might be able to take the parking lot shuttle from Indy to the parking lot then back to Serenade.

Depending where the ships dock you might be able to take the parking lot shuttle from Indy to the parking lot then back to Serenade.

Or make taxi ride worthwhile (and kill some time too) by going to Total Wine and getting some wine for the next cruise.

Check with GS- they may be able to arrange a ship to ship transfer. Often it's easier to take a taxi but let them know you are going to another ship. Usually we are charged a flat rate($10) but add a little to that. Also we wait as long as we can to disembark to avoid hanging around at the new ship. Hope this helps. Vicki

Or make taxi ride worthwhile (and kill some time too) by going to Total Wine and getting some wine for the next cruise.

I like that idea a lot.:D:D

Alas, neither of us drink wine (try not to judge us:D).

I have on previous roll call threads offered to take a bottle on for anyone, but never been taken up on the offer.

I'm not sure if people think it may be dodgy.

We won a bottle once at the meet'n'mingle and struggled to give that away.

Ben.

Check with GS- they may be able to arrange a ship to ship transfer. Often it's easier to take a taxi but let them know you are going to another ship. Usually we are charged a flat rate($10) but add a little to that. Also we wait as long as we can to disembark to avoid hanging around at the new ship. Hope this helps. Vicki

Thanks Vicki,

My wife has linked up with someone on the FB group for our transatlantic who is doing the same, so I think we may be sharing a taxi with them.

Ben.

I have on previous roll call threads offered to take a bottle on for anyone, but never been taken up on the offer.

Ben.

Well, very close to Total Wine is a Publix supermarket, in case you might be needing some other items.

Ben.

Neither do we so we bring champagne and get the free OJ for mimosa's!! ;)