Falmouth

stewarttm

For those who have been to Falmouth before, what is your favorite beach based excursion? I have reserved the VIP at Bamboo Beach but after reading some reviews I am concerned. I don't need additional activities just the best beach.

For those who have been to Falmouth before, what is your favorite beach based excursion? I have reserved the VIP at Bamboo Beach but after reading some reviews I am concerned. I don't need additional activities just the best beach.
I did VIP at bamboo beach 2 years ago. Beach was extremely small and not great for swimming or snorkeling. I was very disappointed. Food and drink was just OK.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

My wife and I did the VIP Bamboo Beach excursion in October of 2014. We had a fantastic time. The beach itself is not that great (as others have said). Unlimited grilled lobster and jerk chicken. The drinks and entertainment were all excellent.

We went back on this excursion in December of 2015. Very different experience. Limited food. Wait forever for a drink. Bathrooms were filthy. We haven't gone back.

We've been there and unfortunately Falmouth isn't a very nice port. Our cruise in February has been rerouted there due to the hurricanes. I wish it was any other Jamaican port.

thank you for the honest reply. :( DH wants to stay on the ship and I am starting to agree with him. I would like to get some rum & rum cream while in port. Is there a safe place close to the port that I can obtain these? I wouldn't mind getting off the ship for a short walk and then back onboard to relax on the balcony. :cool:

thank you for the honest reply. :( DH wants to stay on the ship and I am starting to agree with him. I would like to get some rum & rum cream while in port. Is there a safe place close to the port that I can obtain these? I wouldn't mind getting off the ship for a short walk and then back onboard to relax on the balcony. :cool:

I haven't been to this port since 2014 - however, when I went, I had a broken pelvic bone so I was in a wheelchair. We got off the ship, and just "rolled" around the port area there inside the gates. There was a shop that had free samples at the time of rum cream - we purchased a bottle of coconut rum cream, and they gave us a small bottle of Appleton rum with our purchase. So unless something has changed, you should be able to purchase some rum and rum cream right there at the port, without going outside the gate! Hope this helps!

I have read the the Rose Hilton day pass is suppose to be pretty good . Falmouth is just far from everything . We did Dunn’s falls and green grotto caves . Didn’t like the falls way to many people . The caves were great !

We did the river tubing and Bamboo Beach Break on the Norwegian Epic (out of Ocho Rios) last year and will do it again on the Oasis of Seas (due to hurricane re-routing). The river tubing was awesome! The beach club was nice, similar to other excursion beach clubs we've gone to throughout the Caribbean. We are moderately active 50 somethings and didn't find it challenging at all.

What is the name of the resort? And how did you get there as it states no transportation provided? Thanks!

This looks like the Royalton White Sands. Resort for a Day and Shore excursioneer both have it on their websites. I think RFD provides transportation.