Oasis of the Seas - Sept 24-Oct 1 Review - BEST cruise EVER!

• 3 weeks later...
Enjoying your review.

Keep it coming.:)

Do you know what night the lobster was served in the buffet?

I didn’t eat at the buffet, but I did hear from others it was on the last night. With free champagne!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So dessert at chefs table- never seen anything like that in person.

Dessert was a Valhrona Chocolate Bar with salted caramel and dulce de Leche gelato. It was served with a lemon ginger cheesecake dessert martini.

This course was the only drink disconnect of the evening. No one at our table cares for the drink and I didn’t feel the flavors paired well. The dessert was delicious and I loved the flavors.

e9d134e4f7b1b6c1044a704b25ff9ea1.jpg0b346fbee4a051a0a576d886735dde7d.jpg27b2d12e23ada8bc00010fb07648db88.jpg

I am partial to dulce de leche anything. So good. And the presentation, with the hot salted caramel sauce being poured over the chocolate ball to melt into the gelato. Heavenly flavors.

After chefs table, with full tummies, we walked around and ended up in Blaze for dancing! Great way to work off dinner.

Our last two cruise days were sea days. I love ending a cruise with sea days. My husband and I love wine, so we took advantage of late afternoon wine tastings in Vintages after I spent all day at the pool. We did try the hot dog place on the boardwalk for lunch and it was good, but I went in thinking there were corn dogs and there weren’t, so mentally I was disappointed. As I may have said before, I didn’t enter one shop on deck the entire trip, much to my husbands gratitude. We didn’t have problems with our balcony cabin and room temperature, and we just relaxed and enjoyed our time together and with friends and family.

So for this non big ship loving person, guess what? Looking at booking Oasis again for November 2018. She is a beautiful ship, and her crew cares about their jobs and serving guests. Having been on many cruises, you know when you have special mix of caring crew who don’t just do a job, but care about their guests and want to serve. I work in a management customer service role in the financial services industry and I would hire every single crew member I met to take care of my clients. Actually there are several I could use right now in my office.

a5d2adc8bcc3c5edb149ecba11f8d887.jpgd4e0bebcbec4ccb914d66e76d27c3108.jpg

So from our crew, have a great cruise. Relax and don’t overthink it. I think because of our lack of ability to plan, we had a better cruise than we ever have before. For one, I will be stepping back on planning the next cruise (a bit) and living in the moment on the cruise a bit more! Bon voyage!

Thank you for your review. I leave in 3 weeks and can not wait.

Quick question, do you know how much a gin and tonic is, please? Need to see if it’s worth be buying the delivery package before or just order it on the ship. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your review. I leave in 3 weeks and can not wait.

Quick question, do you know how much a gin and tonic is, please? Need to see if it’s worth be buying the delivery package before or just order it on the ship. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ams sorry but I don’t. We didn’t really pay for drinks outside of the diamond lounge. My husband did order gin and tonic in the lounge though.

Thanks for your review. We leave in a month and you have made me want to start packing now! The largest ship we have been on is Freedom so very excited to see how big Oasis really is.

I always pack early! Have a great trip.

I had all my forms filled out ahead of time, and I do feel that saves a ton of time.

Is this in reference to the docs you can digitally sign online ahead of time, or some other forms? I'm all for saving time during embarkation so do tell please! :)

We were on the same cruise, and I agree---it was fantastic! We enjoyed every minute. . .even the rocking and rolling of the first night's seas.

Every Sunday my BF looks at me and says "sigh. . .Our ship is going out without us. Somebody else is in our room" It's gotten so bad that we went to have dinner with the couple that was on the cruise with us, and booked another Oasis cruise for NEXT September! Our dinners together are really getting expensive:)

Thanks for reminding us of our favorite ship!

Thats what we keep saying! We thought about booking her again for next year, but we have to go to Maine this summer to visit my father in law, and from Nebraska, that gets expensive.

I did just book a 3 night weekend cruise for this winter with my mom. It will be good to be in the warm sun over my birthday!

We are looking at booking a Cuba cruise next. Its a bucket list place for us. And we would like to go before it gets too touristy.

Have a great cruise!