A Ruby-rrific 1 Day Cruise

cruisequeen4ever

The buffet at breakfast was another story. Huge line for Horizon Court so we joined it and then were told by a staff member to go to Cafe Caribe as there was no line. When we got to Caribe there was an even longer line than we had originally been in. We joined anyway and then were told by a different staff member to go to Horizon Court as there was no line!!!

ya, we learned our lesson from the previous time we'd done the 1-nighter and avoided breakfast altogether this time. just got off the ship, hit a starbucks and hopped on the skytrain home.

did anyone else have a super chaotic dinning room experience on Saturday night?

we went to Da Vinci dining room and were told it was a 30 minute wait, but that the Botticelli had no wait and was half empty... so we walked over there only to find it in absolute chaos with a mob of people out front.

we put our room number on a list and were told to come back in 20 minutes...

when we returned, the restaurant manager told us there no one was taking room numbers and that we had to wait in a line to the right and they were taking people from there...

then the guy with the clipboard who took our room number told us we were next on the list and seated us about 10 minutes later.

the funniest part was that they sat us in a section that was completely empty... meanwhile there were a hundred people mobbed out front trying to get a table. we were okay... but man, some people were REALLY angry about the disorganization.

I really wish they'd just take table reservations like a normal restaurant on the 1-nighters. We had the same experience when we did this cruise 2 years ago... maybe next year we'll just hit the buffet and call it a day, lol.

That sucks! We walked down to the aft dining room on Deck 6 at about 5:30/6:00 and were immediately seated! The place was pretty empty, and we received my fav aft window table! By the time we left, we were shocked to see tonnns of people crowded outside waiting to get in. I'm glad we went early, but I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were fine for dinner - also at DaVinci. It was strange as there were two people ahead of us and the staff at the door told them there were no tables for 2 for about 45 minutes. There were 3 of us and they seated us immediately - the room was half empty and there were lots of empty tables for 2! Very strange.

The buffet at breakfast was another story. Huge line for Horizon Court so we joined it and then were told by a staff member to go to Cafe Caribe as there was no line. When we got to Caribe there was an even longer line than we had originally been in. We joined anyway and then were told by a different staff member to go to Horizon Court as there was no line!!!

We too waited in a long line that stretched to the pool! [emoji33] It actually moved pretty fast, though, and they did replenish food efficiently. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums