When does Oceania release flights?

GeorgesGal

Thanks, all! Contacted my TA just now and am asking for deviation to disembark on the 2nd after dinner and fly out on the 2300 flight that night instead of sitting around the next day, paying for a day room, meals, taxis, etc.

This way seems simpler to me. Of course we need to get "permission" from Oceania to leave early. Don't understand why since it's my money I'm 'throwing away' by leaving a half day early. :mad:

This way seems simpler to me. Of course we need to get "permission" from Oceania to leave early. Don't understand why since it's my money I'm 'throwing away' by leaving a half day early. :mad:

Do you overnight in port of disembarkation??

Thanks' date=' all! Contacted my TA just now and am asking for deviation to disembark on the 2nd after dinner and fly out on the 2300 flight that night instead of sitting around the next day, paying for a day room, meals, taxis, etc.

This way seems simpler to me. Of course we need to get "permission" from Oceania to leave early. Don't understand why since it's my money I'm 'throwing away' by leaving a half day early. :mad:[/quote']

We have done the same things many times. As long as the ship has cleared, it is no big deal. Your TA can notify Oceania. They likely need to know because you will be using your keycard to get off of the ship and they might think that you're missing if you haven't returned by the next morning. Also, they could want to assist you with luggage.

Of course we need to get "permission" from Oceania to leave early. Don't understand why since it's my money I'm 'throwing away' by leaving a half day early

Even though we carry our Passports with us, Cruise Ships enter and leave ports under what are known as "Yachting Privileges" where they basically vouch for us with the authorities during our sojourn on the ship.

"Permission" is really a courtesy issue in a port where you're overnighting at the end of a cruise, because laws and costs are unlikely to be impinged

The real issue comes up when a passenger wants to leave the cruise at an earlier port where disembarkation's were not scheduled.