Offered an "upgrade" from interior to interior??

GlamorousGirl

I received emails about both of my upcoming Carnival cruises saying I could "upgrade" my interior stateroom.... to another interior stateroom... for $10 or less each. Is this a gimmick to get more money, or is it a legitimate upgrade? The category will be the same so I am confused. I was already booked in the middle of the ship where the staterooms cost more, so it's not a shift from front or back to middle. Should I take it? Thanks for the help.

I received emails about both of my upcoming Carnival cruises saying I could "upgrade" my interior stateroom.... to another interior stateroom... for $10 or less each. Is this a gimmick to get more money, or is it a legitimate upgrade? The category will be the same so I am confused. I was already booked in the middle of the ship where the staterooms cost more, so it's not a shift from front or back to middle. Should I take it? Thanks for the help.
I received an offer today too. In my case, it was an attractive offer because we moved from deck two (below the Galley which I discovered could be noisy) to a higher deck that's closer to the action. It was $10 total and worth it in my case. Whether or not it's an upgrade depends on your personal preference/what the actual offers are.

I've been told that this is a way that cruise lines open up the cheaper cabins for people who haven't booked that are more likely go purchase the cheaper options.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Maybe you can call and ask which interior cabin is being offered. Am also aware your midship location already is a higher priced in its category. Not sure if it is an inside sideways cabin

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do a mock booking and see what's still available on the deck they are offering. It might be the same type cabin, but in a better location. On one cruise we got an offer to upgrade from a balcony to a balcony for $20. Our original was on deck six midship (on Triumph). The new balcony was on the Lido just steps away from everything. Well worth the $20.

I also say stay put. Inside room to inside room upgrade can sometimes only mean to a higher deck/floor, and while some might like that, being it is closer to the pool, lido deck, buffet etc, it can also mean you will be below a deck with scraping chairs above (lido deck), or above a deck with entertainment below, that will be heard in your room till midnight or 1am.

For me, best inside rooms are those that have rooms above and or below. Beware, of where they might want to move you. Especially if there is an extra charge. Extra charge does not always equate better room or location. check out your deck, what is above and below, and what they are offering. make sure that you dont end up paying extra for something that is not a bonus. JMHO.

the higher you go on a ship the more the cost of a cabin

all interior cabins are the same but the one on the deck above you will cost more. and the cabins above that will cost more then that